#5

Nico woke up in his bed the next morning. He rolled out, quite literally, and groggily got ready for his day. Not that it took much effort. His outfits consisted of the same black on black on black. He lazily brushed his teeth and drew on his eyeliner.

In the kitchen, Thalia was making pancakes for breakfast. "Where did you run off to last night?" she asked Nico when he plopped down in the chair at the table.

"Um... out," he replied.

Percy sat down across from him with his blue pancakes. "Out to see a certain blond-haired boy, perhaps?" he asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Who? Will?" Nico asked. "Don't be ridiculous."

Percy was drowning his pancakes in syrup until Thalia came and plucked the container from his hand. "Hey," he protested.

Thalia kissed his head and patted his shoulder. "It's not that ridiculous," she said, setting the syrup down in the centre of the table, then slapping Percy's hand when he reached for it. "You're cute and single. He's cute and single. It's hardly a coincidence."

Nico snorted. "Do you even know what a coincidence is?" he asked.

"Of course I do, don't be ridiculous."

"You don't be ridiculous," Nico said, standing up. "I'm not that hungry. I'm going out."

"Where?" Percy asked.

"Out of here." Nico picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder. "Thanks, bye!" he called out before Thalia or Percy tried to say anything else.

;;;

Nico plopped down on the bench across from the wall he had tagged last night. He pulled his legs up so he was sitting criss-cross. His bag was limp at his feet.

He saw Will walk past and he prayed that he wouldn't sit next to him, but of course, he did. He was like a stupid ray of fucking sunshine that caused joy and happiness wherever he went. He was insufferably annoying.

"Jesus Christ," Nico said. "How are you everywhere?"

Will shrugged. "It's a small town."

Nico glanced over at him. He was wearing an orange tee-shirt with a flannel over it. He had shorts and boots. He was positively way too colourful. "You're more everywhere than normal," Nico said.

Will chuckled. God, even his laugh was light and warm and happy. Absolutely disgusting. Nico's heart skipped a beat but he ignored it and went back to staring at the artwork.

"Nice piece," Will complimented, pointing at the wall.

"Yeah. Wonder who did it," Nico said sarcastically.

"Do you want to get lunch with me?"

Nico laughed without humour. "Rather abrupt, are we?" he asked with his eyebrows raised. "Why don't you tell me what's actually going on here. Why are you talking to me? Why are you asking me to lunch?"

"Maybe I just want to be your friend," Will replied simply.

Nico snorted. "Yeah right. That's absolute horseshit."

Will stood up. "Just say yes, motherfucker." He sighed. "God, you're fucking stubborn."

Nico raised his eyebrows again, slightly caught off guard. "Fine," he said. "Where?"