#10

Nico finally agreed to go on a date with Will. They drove to a town in the middle of nowhere called Oakton. Not many in New York knew about it, but it was where Will grew up. He wanted to take Nico to a place where they wouldn't accidentally be seen together then have Nico get outed against his will. Will cared too much about him.

"What is this place?" Nico asked when they pulled up in front of a dainty little roadside diner called Joanne's Pancakes.

"It was my grandma's place," Will explained. "My mom runs it now."

Nico chuckled. "Why here?" he asked. "Why not someplace where we live?"

Will turned to look at Nico. "You're not out. I didn't want someone to see us and for it to get out before you're ready."

Nico tilted his head. "Really?" His heartbeat speed picked up.

Will gently leaned forward and grabbed Nico's chin. He kissed him slowly and gently at first, waiting for Nico's response. When Nico started kissing back, Will picked up his pace. He softly bit Nico's lip until he let out a groan.

"What are you trying to do to me, William Solace?" Nico whispered as he rested his forehead against Will's.

Will chuckled quietly. "Does 'make you mine' seem like an okay answer?" he asked.

Nico's blood felt hot under his skin. "I think that's a more than okay answer."

"Shall we go eat?" Will asked.

"Yeah, I'm starving."

Inside the restaurant were about five tables and a bar. A brown-haired woman in her forties came out of the kitchen. "Will!" she exclaimed. "It's so good to see you again. It's been too long." She wrapped her arms around the blond-haired boy. "And who is this?" she asked, looking at Nico,

"This is Nico, Nico, my mom," Will introduced. He looked to Nico for approval, and he nodded and shrugged. "We are on a date tonight," Will explained.

Her eyes got huge. "Oh my gods! You're that Nico!"

Nico shifted. "Pardon me?"

"I've heard so much about you," she laughed. "Will has had a thing for you for--"

"Okay, thanks mom," Will interrupted. "I think we will get some food now."

"Of course," she said. "Go ahead and sit at table six. Felica will be out soon to take your orders."

Will wrapped his arm around Nico's shoulder and he leaned up against his boyfriend's chest. "She seems nice," Nico said, holding back laughter.

Will blushed. "She is the best," he tried to say smoothly.

Nico snorted. "You're such a dork."

;;;

The adorable, dorky couple ended up getting back to their town around 10:00 pm. Percy and Thalia were still awake in the living room binge-watching The Real Housewives. When Nico walked in the front door, Percy and Thalia smiled at him.

"How was your evening?" Percy asked.

"It was good," he said simply. "Will took me to his hometown and we ate pancakes at his mom's restaurant."

"Is there going to be a second date?" Thalia asked.

Nico grinned like a fool and looked at his shoes as he leaned up against the front door. "Yeah," he said, unable to contain his smile. "I think so."