Chapter 3

Marinette ducked into an alleyway along the way to the bakery, hoping that Bridgette was safe. She started using her meta powers to look for any superheroes' aura, also searching for the monster's aura. She had sensed the monster's aura right before she left the school, if her predictions were correct, the monster was Ivan.

But how did Ivan become like that, there wasn't any explanation other than magic. But Ivan didn't have any magic, maybe it had something to do with the weird man with the magic aura earlier. She continued to let her magic flow out of her, hoping that the monster, Stoneheart as he mentioned earlier, wouldn't come towards her.

She found one superhero aura in France, using a lot of magic while doing so. The superhero's aura matched two superheroes but based on the fact they hadn't appeared yet, she guessed it was Superboy rather than Superman. Marinette supposed that he had reported the situation and was calling for backup instead of going into the fight.

"Smart of him," Marinette thought, "It would be harder to fight the monster by himself." She had lost sight of Alya a long time ago, the girl had probably gone towards Stoneheart rather than away from him. It was rather sad, she thought Alya might have been a good friend other than her rather annoying voice.

After pulling back her magic, she ran back to the bakery, stopping in the living room to check on her sister and the Dupain-Chengs before going up to her room. When she was entering the house, she felt magic coming from her room that wasn't hers and was concerned for the Dupain-Chengs even if she didn't really consider them family.

When she got up to her room, she saw a small box that seemed to be the cause of the magic. It was almost the same magic as the old man she had bumped into, except this one was more powerful. Being cautious, she locked the trapdoor before hesitantly moving towards the box and opening it.

A big pink light emerged from the box, which seemed to contain a pair of earrings. Marinette was afraid, truth be told she had only been afraid three times in her life, her mother dying, Jason getting picked up by the bat and when she had to leave Jason. She didn't have time to react when the light faded away.

"Do not be afraid, Marinette," The little ladybug-like creature said as it approached her, "My name is Tikki, Goddess of creation and the ladybug Kwami." Marinette backed away slightly from the Kwami, she did not trust it at all, especially when she realized that the Kwami didn't have an aura.

"Why are you here?" Marinette's question was short but straight to the point.

"Paris is in danger, Marinette and we need your help to save it."

"Superboy is in France, I do not see why Paris would need me." The Kwami looked a little shocked at her statement that Superboy was in France, it seemed as though she did not know that he was there.

"Paris needs a Ladybug to fight this akuma-"

"I'm sorry what?" (Hamilton reference anybody?)

"Akuma, the supervillain, Hawkmoth is controlling the akuma, and only the Ladybug holder can purify the akuma." Marinette was slightly confused, wasn't there already a Ladybug holder? Why did they need her specifically? She wasn't going to question the Kwami now however, it seemed as though the league wasn't going to come anytime soon and something had to be done.

She begrudgingly put on the earrings and asked Tikki what was to be done. "I knew you would make the right choice!" She cheered. Marinette looked at the tiny creature as she explained what to do, she was rather curious as to why she didn't have an aura. Then again, it could be because she was a goddess as she had said so earlier.

"Tikki spots on." Marinette sighed as she looked at her new suit. It was a red bodysuit with black spots like a ladybug's. "I should have expected this, of all the things, a superhero. And a yo-yo?" She looked at the yo-yo at her waist in confusion, "why on earth is it a yo-yo."

She lifted herself onto the balcony and swung towards Stoneheart, horrible name in her opinion. Bumping into her partner on the way, his aura was fun loving and he didn't take things seriously, and if her predictions were correct, he only became a superhero for freedom. His aura perfectly matched Adrien Agrest's aura, this just gave her another reason to not like the boy.

A long battle later, Marinette headed back to her house, landing on her balcony and detransforming she carefully climb back into her room and settled herself on her desk chair. Tikki flew up in front of her and cheered, "I knew you could do it!" Marinette sighed and took of the earrings before putting them back into the box. Tikki became a pink orb before going back in as well.

Marinette sighed and put down the box, she would have liked to question the Kwami but she did want to take a walk as well. Going downstairs, she told the Dupain-Chengs she was going for a walk and walked out of the bakery, bumping into a dark-haired boy whose aura was extremely familiar.

Note: Can anyone guess who the boy is? If you want to know how Mari's power works, basically she can feel anyone's aura by the way they talk or if she uses magic, the magic scans the area where it's spread and can look for particular auras, but she has to pull back her magic so she doesn't get tired. She can sense people's aura through devices as well.