What If We Drown

houseofmirrors

houseofmirrors

Summary:

Mute since the tragic accident, Ashlyn Holland has lived a quiet life in her childhood home, haunted daily by the shadow of her Father's memory, but too afraid to let him go. Instead, she passes the day serving coffee and kindness, avoiding the ocean at all costs.

When Derek moves to town, her routine is interrupted, and the fears which always held her back are challenged. As their relationship develops and Ashlyn finds freedom in the feelings she'd long suppressed, disaster lingers in the back, ready to strike. And when it does, it will either bring them closer together or tear them apart.

•••••

Review:

10/10

This was an absolutely amazing book to read. I have never read a book like this and I enjoyed it so much. Ashlyn is mute so she doesn't talk, she uses sign language to communicate with everyone. It was so interesting to read from her perspective. The book talks a lot about PTSD and how it has effected each person in the book.

Ashlyn and Derek have such a different relationship than any relationship I've read about. They fall in love in such a unique way since Ashlyn can't talk and that is what I loved so much about this book.

This book really opened my eyes and I could not put it down the entire time I was reading. Definitely give this book a read, it was a phenomenal story.

It also used to be called 'Siren', so if you are looking for that book on this list, then this is the one!