- 12 - Looking Forward

"Finn?"

"Yes, Quinn?"

"My parents, uh... will you come over for dinner tonight?"

"Dinner with your parents?" I nodded. "Do they even like me?"

"I don't know, Finn. Do they like anyone?" I said sarcastically.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? Do they know?"

"No! They don't know, and I'd like to keep it that way, okay? So don't say anything to them about it. I'll tell them when I'm ready."

"Okay. What time?"

"Six sharp. Don't be late, you know how they get when someone's late for anything."

Finn nodded his head and we parted ways.

---

"With sections quickly approaching, I met with Principal Figgins to smooth out the details. Everything was looking good until we got to transportation. Unfortunately, the district doesn't have enough money for us to get a handicap accessible bus for Artie."

"What are we going to do?" Tina asked, noticeable missing her stutter. Apparently she was faking it all along to avoid conversation. Bold, admirable, stupid.

"I'm thinking a car wash, maybe a bake sale."

"Mr. Schue, those will never work," Finn stated. "No one's gonna buy cookies from Glee Club."

"Then hopefully they'll let you wash their car."

"You guys don't have to if you don't want to," Artie started. "I'm sure my mom would drive me."

There was a mixture of shrugs and silence around the room. "No, absolutely not, Artie. We are a team. That means we all ride together to and from competitions. We win together. We lose together. We ride together. Your options are bake sale or car wash. Raise your hand for a bake sale." Mr. Schue counted hands. "And car wash." He tallied those votes too. "Well, it looks like the bake sale won. We can sell whatever baked goods you guys want during lunch and football games. Hopefully the game crowd will make us some money. I'll leave the baking up to you guys while I get this all sorted out with Principal Figgins. In the meantime, we have to start getting serious about our setlist. We're going to feature a solo, a duet, and a group number. We'll have an audition for the solo, so start practicing if you want to audition. I'd like to get through auditions by Friday."

Spotlight at Sectionals? Absolutely. I'm sure Rachel Berry will be going for that as well, so I'll have to out audition her for it. This should be fun.

---

"So, Finn, how are things at school?" my mom asked.

"Um, pretty good, I guess. I'm working hard on Spanish class with Mr. Schuester."

"And how about football? We haven't been able to make the past few games, you know," my dad said.

"Oh, football's good. We got our first win of the season a few weeks ago."

"That's great, son! How many touchdowns did you throw for?"

"Only one that day. I've had a few more since then."

"You're at home next week, right?"

"Yes, sir. It's our last home game."

My mom smiled, but my dad continued the conversation. "That's great. Hopefully you can pull out a win."

"We'll be there to see Quinnie, too." My mom smiled at me, and I gave her a halfhearted smile back. "Well, um, the Chastity Ball is this week and," she looked to my dad as to receive confirmation to continue talking, "we were wondering if you would like to join us, Finn."