"Freedom Dive" [Bakugo x Rhythm Gamer Reader]

I'm a sucker for rhythm games and I absolutely love playing them. And so whenever I think of Bakugo and competitions and being somewhat of a rhythm gamer, I just had to write this oneshot...along with having ideas for more kind of similar to this one. So, without further ado, please enjoy this rhythm gamer oneshot!

--------

All that could be heard from your room were the violent mashes of you pressing and mashing your keyboard keys to the rhythm that could only be heard through your headphones. The sound confused the explosive blonde haired Katsuki Bakugo to no end but knowing that it was you, he expected no less.

For as long as you can remember, the aggressive boy had been your neighbour and long time friend (one of the only real friends you had excluding all your online ones) ever since you had moved to Musutafu years ago. You and him had become very close friends and despite the fact that he had a distaste in quirkless people such as Midoriya, not once had he called you a so called extra in all the years you've lived. It made you feel a bit special knowing this and with being so close with each other, it came to the point where either you or him would show up at the other's house, unannounced without knocking or ringing the doorbell.

As you were still mashing your keyboard keys rapidly to the rhythm, you didn't notice as Bakugo entered your room without warning and just watched as you continued on playing your game with a very concentrated look on your face. He watched you for a few minutes before letting out a sigh, deciding to speak up.

"What the hell are you doing mashing your keyboard keys? You're gonna break it if you keep hitting them as hard as you are," he came up behind you watching your screen more closely which caused you to let out a shriek, breaking your concentration.

Furious at the person that had made you lose one of your highest scores, you slammed a hand onto your keyboard and quickly ended the match, turning around to meet and glare into his crimson eyes.

"Are you kidding me?! That was one of the few times I've gotten a high score on that song and I could've gotten higher if a certain someone hadn't broken my concentration!" You hit his shoulder while pouting as Bakugo simply rolled his eyes.

"Tch, whatever weirdo. What were you playing anyway?" You pouted and crossed your arms across your chest, turning away from him to find a new song to play.

"Rolling Beats. It's a rhythm game that's mainly mania based and where I'm one of the top players in the entire game," you stated proudly. Bakugo scoffed and watched as you finally found a new song to play. As he watched with an intrigued look in his ruby eyes, he noticed how concentrated you were on this silly rhythm game that seemed pointless.

"It's not even that hard. Looks easy," the blonde commented as he watched you hit the notes that would appear on your screen seeing you intently watching the screen, your fingers reacting quickly according to the patterns on your screen.

Through your headphones, you heard his comment and it made your competitive nature start to stir inside of you and as soon as you finished playing your song, you took your headphones off and turned around in your chair to face him, raising a brow.

"Oh really now, Bakugo? You think Rolling Beats is easy, huh?" You looked at him with skepticism written across your entire face. The blonde scoffed.

"Yeah, that's what I said. Hell, it doesn't even look that hard to beat you."

You looked at him for a good solid minute before bursting out into small fits of laughter to which he got irked. You managed to regain your original composure and looked at him once more.

"If you think that Rolling Beats is easy, then try me, bitch." A smug grin on your face as you could see the steam practically coming from his ears as small explosions were coming from his hands. You could tell that since you had basically challenged him to a duel that he was getting fired up and it wasn't too long before a determined and cocky expression appeared on his face.