𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐓𝐖𝐎 | unholy motherf*cker

april 1st, 2015
gotham city
12:01

"I cannot believe we did this," Athena muttered, "a hundred and ninety five countries, more than fifty states in the states, and we chose to return to this unholy motherfucker."

Aegis looked up to her sister muttering, "states in the states," before laughing, "How do you make puns, or whatever you did, without trying to."

Athena chuckled along, "when you meet the people i grew up with, you'll understand why."

"You always say that," Aegis sighed before stepping out of the van, "either way, this camp site looks abandoned."

This was the fourth campsite they'd checked in Gotham, the previous three had given Athena bad vibes and they trusted their guts enough to listen to them. Now, why the city had four, they didn't know, but they didn't care, more options for them to choose from.

"That's better for us. Besides, check if electricity, the bathrooms, the dump station, and everything else is working, knowing Gotham, there's a high chance this place is funded by one of the Wayne foundations, and if that's the case, there's a higher chance they forgot to withdraw the funding because this place isn't legally shut at all."

"Even if it isn't, that won't be a problem," Aegis looked over to Athena, "we can make stuff work, if we're staying here for as long as we estimated, we're gonna have to shield this baby."

"That takes a spell that'll leave me on the bed for a day and you for half."

"Still, I like relying on us rather than some old people in Gotham. They might stop the funding the second they find us here. We're walking right into a fire Athena."

Athena sighed, she knew this, she'd thought it all through, she wouldn't even be here if she didn't, "do you not think I know that?"

"I know you do, but the occasional reminder doesn't hurt," Aegis folded her arms, "this is gotham. Batman's territory. He has Robin and if it's our lucky day and one of the league members sniff us out, we're basically going to be alone with the entire young justice league, justice league and every other person they call for backup. We are wading deep waters."

"I know Aegis. Trust me, I know, but if that book holds any truth, this may be our last chance before..."

With the look on her face, Aegis knew what Athena meant, and exactly what was coming.