Chapter 12

I woke up shocked because of a dream. A dream that I had just now but how come I can't remember what kind of dream that was? I squeezed my eyes as tight as I can when I started feeling the worst headache in my life. I was sweating but shivering at the same time. I reached for my phone and immediately called Ryujin.

[Hello..] her voice was a bit hoarse. 

"Did I wake you up?" I know it's obvious but I had to ask her. It's 2 am and I feel so bad for waking her up but I badly need someone right now.

[Not important. What's the matter?]

"Um.. Can you come over? My headache's killing me and I--"

[I'M COMING.] 

My phone vibrated seconds after I put it down. I picked it up again and saw Ryujin's message asking me the passcode. 

"Ah. Did I wake you up?" Ryujin's worried face is what I saw as soon as I've opened my eyes, she stood up and went to the kitchen area.

"Your fever isn't going down." she sat down, "Wanna go to the hospital instead?" she put the towel again on my forehead.

"It's no big deal. There you are worrying again, it's just a fever." I tried to talk in a normal voice but it's hard. I held her hand to stop her when she started wiping some wet cloth on my arms so she looked at me, "What? Do you still not want me to touch you?"

"Maybe?" I smirked a bit, "No, just kidding. Don't go back yet, you can sleep here." I stated, hoping she get what I mean.

"Yeah, later. Let me just finish this. You can sleep first." she smiled.

I felt something weird as I woke up but what I'm seeing now's more weird. Our eyes unexpectedly met and I couldn't get my eyes off her for a moment but I immediately looked away after realizing our positions.

"Uh.. Y-You're about to fall out of the... b-bed.. so.." she tried to explain.

"Oh.. Yeah." I smiled awkwardly. She went back to her space and I just caught myself smiling. I should've made a move on her. Yeah, Lia you're insane. 

I turned around, facing her. I'm so lucky that I get to see her like this. The distance is not more than 10 inches so I'd say it's kind of near. I wanna move a bit more but if she wakes up, it'd be awkward. She looks like an angel sleeping. Shall I start making a move on her? I shouldn't have befriended her and just waited for the right time to confess. Well, I can't blame myself for that though. I didn't know that my feelings will grow this much..

[Your mom said you're busy yesterday so you couldn't come.]

"Ah.. she did?" 

[Yup. Anyway, a friend of mine is going to come for dinner tonight, you should come. I'll tell you the exact time later. No excuses, you're coming. Bye.]