Chapter 6

"Uh?" I just stared at her. "Let me think about it." I pretended to think for a second, "Okay, come in."

"So, what brings you by at this hour?" I asked when she started setting the table. Why did she bring that much foods? 

"What do you mean at this hour? I rarely see you in the daytime." she sat, "Come here, it's dinner time." she signaled me to sit right in front of her. Of course, where else would I sit anyway.

"Why do you ask? Did you miss me? Is that why you wanna have dinner with me?" I asked, she suddenly seem shocked. Took her more than a minute to answer such simple questions, "Why would I miss you, you live just next to my unit."

"Oh, okay. I was just asking." I grabbed the towel and dried my hands with it before sitting. I was about to get one macaron when she suddenly took the plate away and placed where I couldn't reach it. "Rice before dessert." she gave me a fake and a wide smile, which seemed annoying to me. Gosh, what's with her? I just wanna taste it..

"Ah! I almost forgot. This is to congratulate you, congratulations for winning the competition. I should've wished you luck but you didn't tell me about it. I thought we're close friends already.. I'm disappointed." she crossed her arms, pursing her lips to one side.

"Whatever. I'm hungry." I drank the juice she got me first before I started eating. 

"So, how's it going with your girlfriend?" she wiped the side of her mouth with a tissue.

"What? You know--" 

"So I'm right. You really don't remember me at all. We've had a short encounter at the café not too long ago." she cut me off.

"Café? When?" I asked

"Woah, you're unbelievable. I gave you a clue but you still can't remember. It's the day that I moved--"

"Ah okay, I remember it now." I nodded a few times with my eyebrows raised, "So, you thought she was my girlfriend?" I asked before I continued eating. 

"Is she not?" she raised her eyebrows as well, obviously waiting for my clarification.

"She was." I smirked, it's fun teasing her. "But she told me she wanted a break so for now, I can't call her my girlfriend."

"Don't tell me you're still waiting for-- didn't she already broke up with you? Why would you wait for her?" 

"Hey! She didn't ask for a break-up, she just asked for a break." I'm being quite defensive, a break and a break-up aren't the same.. maybe just for me.

"What's the difference though? I guess you just can't move on." she calmly stated, still eating.

"She'll come back, don't worry." I know I'm being too confident about her coming back but I really shouldn't lose hope.

I didn't know Lia was that thoughtful. I mean, yeah she looks kind but.. Ah- I don't know, whatever. But I'm glad that I have a friend like her. I turned the lights off and quickly jumped in bed. I'm sleepy.

"Hey, Lia." I loudly said while knocking at her door. I've been standing here for minutes, maybe she's still sleeping. I've thought about leaving but it's already 9 and we're running late for school so I ended up pressing the doorbell many times. "What are you doing!?" I exclaimed when she finally opened the door.

Her innocent face seemed confused. I'm right, she just got out of the bed. She's wearing an oversized hoodie, I can only see her face because she's wearing its hood. The weather's not cold though. "Don't you have classes today?" I interrupted, she looks pale.

"I do.. I just have to be somewhere today." she smiled but her eyes obviously didn't. I think I know what that means. I touched her forehead with the back of my hand and it felt hot. I didn't check mine to compare 'cause that's a stupid thing to do, it's obvious that she isn't feeling well. 

"Ah, really? Can you.. like-- wait for me here, I'll just go get something at my place. It won't take long." I rushed back to my unit to go get some-- oh no, I can't remember where I placed the medicines I've been keeping..