[12]. Christmas at the burrow

a/n: extra chapter that's longer then usual! Merry Christmas everyone, and for those who don't celebrate Christmas or celebrate something else I wish you all an amazing day as well :)

_____

"Oh lord I haven't even finished his gift yet!" I exclaim whilst trying to finish knitting the dark brown scarf as fast as i possibly could without ruining it.

"Calm down, sis, I'm sure he'll appreciate anything you'll give him" Charlie says sitting besides me on my bed. I glare at him.

"What, you fancy him don't you. You blush every time his name is brought up" he says and I sigh pausing my hands which are hurting by now. But it's for a good cause since I am almost finished with the knitting part.

"I wouldn't say I fancy him. More like a tiny crush I guess. I haven't known him for that long yet and I don't wanna rush anything. Not to mention he probably doesn't even feel the same way" I say and lean my head on his shoulder.

"He would be a fool not to like you." Charlie says making me feel slightly better. "And haven't you known him for like 4 months already. That's pretty long already" he continues.

"Yeah I guess, but I just want to get to know him better, he's still so mysterious and a part of me feels like I know him really well but then another part feels as if I don't know him at all" I say and sigh.

"so the man in question is mysterious. I like him already" Charlie says causing me to chuckle and shove his shoulder.

"How do mum and dad know him anyways?" I ask confused since they are the ones who invited him and his father.

"Don't know, they said something about knowing him from a couple of years back." He says with a shrug.

"Hmm alright, I need to finish this before they get here tomorrow morning." I say starting to continue knitting again.

Charlie gets up from his seat besides me and goes to leave my room.

"Let me know when dinner's ready!" I yell after him making him yell something inaudible back.

Within the next hour I had finished knitting the scarf AND I managed to embroider his initials on it.

"Dinner's ready!" I hear mums loud voice yell. I quickly put the scarf in a box and wrap it in nice wrapping paper with a bow before quickly making my way downstairs.

I take my usual seat at the table next to Charlie and Ron. Mum has already put all the food on the table and I can barely sit down before my family has already started filling their plates.

I quickly filled mine as well, knowing that if I didn't fight my siblings for the food there would be barely anything left.

"I didn't miss this while you all were gone" dad says while scooping some mashed potatoes on his plate.

Later that evening, after having taken a shower, I lay in my bed unable to sleep. I felt nervous about the fact that Remus was coming tomorrow and would stay to celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Then my door slowly openend all of a sudden, ginny's head peeking inside.

"Lori? Are you up?" I hear her whisper. I lift my head and nod, motioning her inside.
She walks inside and I opened the covers of my bed. She lays down next to me and I wrap the blankets around her.

"Couldn't sleep?" I ask making her nod as she cuddles against me. I missed this.
"Me too" I say smiling softly.

"Why weren't you able to sleep?" I ask after awhile.
"I've been having nightmares ever since last years events. Not much but when I'm alone in my room, they happen sometimes" Ginny says in almost a whisper, making me feel bad for her.