February 9, X808

Dear, Lucy,

You need to believe in Natsu.

What happened wasn't your fault or Nashi's. Be sure to tell her that as well. You simply couldn't reach him in time.

Tell Nashi it will be fine. Her father is strong. He was simply protecting you guys like always and he will continue to do so once he wakes up.

Don't cry, Lucy. Don't cry. Recieve him with a smile once he wakes up. It'll be a while but have faith.

Are you okay? Are your injuries healed?

Give Nashi a hug...that is...after Greige is done hugging her.

I love you.

                                        Love,

                                        Layla Heartfilia

Lucy closed the letter as tears dropped on it.

She looked over her husband.

Begi Beltza had attacked Fairy Tail.

Makarov was the one who could cast the strongest Fairy Law spell followed by Laxus. They wanted him to cast it to absorb its magic and use it for their own evil purposes.

When they refused, one of the guild members took Nashi as captive as she, unfortunately, happen to have been closet to the woman.

Lucy was only able to hold Nashi's wrist before they disappeared with her. Team Natsu and a couple others ran to find Nashi. Erza stayed behind to protect Master.

They found Nashi a month later but she was injured and unconscious. While Natsu was breaking the chains off of Nashi, Lucy and Gray were attacked from behind. Both of them were shot in the stomach by an dark electric bolt.

Gray was quick to freeze both their injuries but then more guards began to charge at them. Natsu got in front of them and handed Nashi to Lucy.

"Gray, take my girls away. I'll see you at the guild." He said.

They were already leaving. Levy was holding on to Nashi as Gray carried Lucy away by force.

She managed to rip herself out of Gray's holding. Natsu was struggling as he was being held by one of the guards. Lucy was running towards him but couldn't get there in time before they slashed his throat open.

Once Lucy took her anger out on the guards and defeating them, she returned to the guild with Jet and Bickslow where they had already taken Natsu to heal.

It has been 4 months since. The Begi Beltza guild was defeated but not without Makarov's death. He gave himself up but casted a spell to destroy the guild from inside, himself with it.

Laxus was the new Master.

Everyone was doing okay now. They were living life to fullest just like Makarov taught them. But the guild isn't quite the same without Natsu.

Lucy kissed Natsu on the forehead before leaving the infirmary. She saw Nashi crying as she rested her head against Greige who awkwardly patted her back as he rested his head on hers.

"Mom! How's dad?" Nashi cried.

"He'll wake up. I promise."