Game Day

I don't own Descendants!!!

Hera leaned against some lockers, watching as some princesses admired their new hairstyles, curtesy of herself and Mal. Audrey and Ben came around the corner and Audrey's face soured when her gaze landed on the chattering princesses.

"Look, it's Hera." One princess waved excitedly.

"And Mal." Another grinned as Mal came up behind Hera.

"Hi, Mal, Hera!" The group called.

Mal had been focused on Ben's back but looked over when she heard her name and gave a little wave.

Jay joined Hera leaning against the lockers next to Mal "Are you feeling kinda weird about this?" He asked "I mean, it's not so bad here, you know."

"Are you insane?" Mal growled softly "Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!"

Jay's face fell a fraction before he blinked and nodded "Thanks, Mal. I needed that."

Mal patted his shoulder as he turned to get into position. If all went according to plan, Mal would give Ben the love spelled cookies and he'd fall madly in love with her. But if it didn't work, they'd need backup.

Audrey's grating voice floated over to Hera and Mal "Do you think they actually paid for those?"

Jay walked over to the railing and greeted the girls "Oh. Hello. The name's Jay. You all going to the tourney game tonight? Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal."

"They did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it." Audrey complained.

"What's the harm?" Ben shrugged.

"It's gateway magic!" Audrey hissed "Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know it's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then where will I be?"

"God, shallow much?" Hera whispered to Mal, rolling her eyes.

"Listen, Audrey..." Ben tried to say.

"I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?" Audrey cut him off.

"Okay." Ben sighed.

"Bye, Bennyboo." Audrey air-kissed Ben's cheek and flounced off.

Mal slammed her locker door "Hey, Bennyboo!" She mocked.

Ben turned around "Hey."

"I just made a batch of cookies." Mal held up a plastic bag "Double chocolate chip, do you want one?"

"Oh, I, uh, I've got a big game. I don't eat before a big game." Ben tried to explain "But thank you so, so much. Thank you. Next time. Next time."

Hera rolled her eyes and walked over to Jay, staying close enough that they could still hear what was being said.

"No, yeah. I completely understand." Mal turned on the guilt trip "'Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains.'"

"No, no, no." Ben tried to say.

"No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that." Mal shrugged.

"No, no. That's not it. No, no, no. I really do...I have..." Ben stammered.

"No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart." Mal smiled "Oh, well, more for me, I guess." She pulled out a cookie and brought it to her lips.

Ben grabbed it "No, no. Hey..." He shoved it in mis mouth "See that? Totally trust you."