First Date

I don't own Descendants!!!

Hera dropped into her chair next to Evie in chemistry, she'd been stopped in the hall by a gaggle of girls who wanted her to fix their hair and it had taken several minutes to escape them. They had a test that day and Evie looked slightly panicked.

"You'll do fine, E." Hera smiled gently "Stop worrying."

Evie nodded, but reached for her clutch anyway and started digging for her magic mirror.

Mr. Deley noticed "Looking for something?"

Evie quickly snapped her bag shut and tried to flash a smile. But Mr. Deley held up Evie's mirror and the unconcealed horror in her eyes seemed to confirm his suspicions. Hera felt her own anger start to rise, who told Mr. Deley about Evie's mirror? And how did he get it? Hera herself had seen Evie put it in a special pocket in her purse that morning.

Hera knew how much that mirror meant to Evie, it was from her mother, someone Evie always wanted to impress and be like. Her eyes landed on the smug smirk of Chad Charming and her eyes narrowed.

"Thank you, Chad. It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code." Mr. Deley was saying before he frowned at Evie "It will be my recommendation that you are expelled."

Evie's bright eyes shot to Hera, who was visibly struggling to control herself, before darting back to the teacher "Mr. Deley, I..."

Doug leapt to Evie's defense "But that isn't fair. Obviously she wasn't cheating since she didn't have that...whatever that is."

Evie looked offended "It's called a magic-"

"You're not helping, stop." Doug shook his head "Maybe she needed another pencil."

Evie shook her head "Actually, I was-"

"Really. Don't help." Doug stopped her before turned back to Mr. Deley "Please."

"Please." Evie echoed.

Mr. Deley sighed "Well, if you can pass this test, I'll return your property and let the matter drop." He offered.

Hera's eyes followed him as he turned to the board. Chad gave her and Evie the smarmiest grin she'd ever seen and Hera snapped her pencil, which had been laying on her desk, in half. Her magic had reacted to her anger at her friend's treatment and Chad's stupidity.

Taking a deep breath, Hera looked around the classroom. She noticed Chad staring intently at something behind her and risked a glance over her shoulder. A mirror, of course. Chad was admiring his reflection. An idea formed in Hera's brain, she wasn't technically supposed to do human transmutation at the moment, but she could manipulate the reflection, and show Chad his worst fear.

Wiggling her fingers under the desk, a stream of green and gold glitter, practically invisible, wound its way over to the mirror. Working on something you couldn't see was difficult, but Hera was nothing if not determined. She crafted a version of Chad Charming without his hair, rotting teeth, pus filled sores, dark circles, and bloodshot eyes. Then sent the final wave of magic to the mirror.

Chad shrieked loud and high as he toppled off his stool.

"Mr. Charming!" Mr. Deley shouted "What on earth?"

"A monster!" Chad shouted "In the mirror!"

Everyone looked towards the glass, following Chad's shaking finger. Hera had been smart, however. Only Chad could see his monstrous reflection.

"Chad, I know you don't like chemistry, but pretending there's a mirror monster will not get you out of this test." Mr. Deley's voice was sharp.

"I'm not pretending!" Chad shouted "There's something in that mirror!"