Chapter 5: Ink Demon

I grinned, feeling accomplished. Now maybe I can help Boris!! I made a beeline for the room Boris was in, when a note fell to the floor. Curious, I picked it up. On it, written in black ink, it read:

Hello there, doll.

You were shocked. Someone had been following you. You look up at the crossbeams along the ceiling, only seeing shadow. Up in the crossbeams, however, you were sure you saw some signs of movement.

(A/N: I know the ceilings are low to the ground, and I know that there are no crossbeams. Pretend there are. I put them there for plot convenience.)

"Hello?....Who are you?..."

Another note fell to my feet. It read:

I'd rather you guess, toots. Why are you here anyway?

I relaxed a bit. At least I know that someone is here. However, that doesn't mean I'm completely safe. I should still keep my guard up. I paused, realizing something. 'Toots' is a really old fashioned nickname. No one really says that anymore...
I look back up at the hanging crossbeams again.
"I've... always loved the Bendy cartoons...so I wanted to come here to their place of origin...and give myself a tour. No one really comes here..."

(??? POV):

I looked down at her, thankful she could not see me. I wrote another note to her, and let it fall. She caught it this time. I couldn't help but smile down at her. Something about her....warmed my heart. She smiled at the note as she read it.

I'm glad you're a fan of the show. That really means a lot to me.

She hummed in thought, and spoke upward at my hiding spot. "So...I suppose you are a fellow fan who broke into the studio too?"

I snickered quietly. By the tilt of her head, I could tell she had heard it slightly. I need to be more quiet. I wrote another note, and let it flutter down into her hands.

No. I am not. I am the star.

She looked confused when she read it. "Like...the star of the show? I-," she blinked in confusion. "Bendy is the star of the show-"

I grinned when I heard her say my name. She was catching on! I watched her shake her head. "I'm sorry, mystery person, but I have a task I must do. Excuse me for a moment."
She turned and walked into the room where my dear friend was located.

I was confused. What did she need to do?..
And she was so close to guessing who I was too!! I huffed, and watched her curiously. She appeared to be trying to pick up Boris. How dare she??!!! How dare she touch my deceased friend!!!

Angered, I felt ink begin to drip down my forehead. Within seconds, I grew 3 times bigger in size, and jumped to the floor before the crossbeams could snap under my sudden increase in size and weight. I growled, and screamed menacingly at the girl.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!!!"

(Y/n)'s POV:

I quickly turn around, letting go of Boris. Facing me, was a monstrous, inky creature reaching for me. I screamed, and began to run. I heard it start chasing behind me with thudding footsteps. I made my way to the exit as fast as my legs could take me. I couldn't stay in this terrible, nerve-racking studio any longer.

The exit was up ahead. I was almost out!!!!
I ran faster; my feet pounding against the old wood, when suddenly, a section of flooring gave out beneath me, sending me plummeting to my death.

***

Bendy's POV:

I heard her scream bloody murder as she fell. In a panic, I flung myself at the hole, and fell in. At the last second, my hand latched onto a piece of wooden board jutting out from the side of the hole where the floor had given out. I snatched her wrist, and we both hung suspended by my grip. I grunted as a lifted her up, and over me so she could climb back into the exit hall. Once she had quickly scrambled onto the upper floor, I pulled myself up after her.

Once I was back in the main room, I saw she was now cowering in a further off corner, hugging her knees, and crying. I frowned, and approached her. As expected, she peered up at me in fright.

(Y/n)'s POV:

"W-Who are you?? P-Please don't hurt me!!!"

The more I looked at him, the more I realized that he resembled a twisted, terrifying version of the lovable cartoon demon. What happened next shook me to my core. The creature began to shrink, and the ink upon its face receded. It was him. Right there in front of me stood a 3 foot tall cartoon demon. The one I recognized and adored.

"Bendy??!"