NY x Cali x Florida

This is for a request made by 

I'm feeling like this is a comfort request, so here I go.

--

Today was a bad day.

The night before had been rough on California, his loneliness had gotten the most of him the night before and he broke into Tennessee's liquor cabinet and taken the haul back to his room and locked the door before getting blackout drunk.

That morning he woke up still laying on his floor and crawled into his en suite bathroom and vomited up everything. After about an hour and 5 water bottles later, he felt human enough to shower and dress to go downstairs and find something to eat. Entering the kitchen he found Florida there and about turned around and walked back out, hangover be damned. 

Florida took one look at the younger state and got up, looking a bit concerned, "Hey, Nation-State. You okay?"

California scoffed, "Oh, absolutely. Fantastic. Absolutely peachy, Florida," he flinched at the sound of his own voice. "Hung over..."

Florida made a soft understanding sound, "Let me make you somethin. A hangover cure, I promise. Swear it on Louie's life," he smiled a little and California sighed, defeated.

"Alright, what could it hurt?"

Florida quickly clamped down on his first instinct to tease the other and sat him down. "Alright, wait here," he quickly rushed around the kitchen, getting everything he needed and tossing it in the blender and starting it. 

"F-Florida, you didn't peel any of those fruits-"

"Shhh~," Florida smiled at the other. "Mama's recipe. Besides, it makes a difference." He poured the smoothie into a cup and set it on the table in front of California. "Down the hatch, try not to taste it."

California made a face and picked it up, sniffing slightly, then making a face, "If this kills me, I'm gonna fucking haunt you." He took a steadying breath then chugged it just as Louie, DC, and New York came in for lunch and all three stared, stunned.

"Holy shit," Florida chuckled as he watched.

California set the cup back on the table and licked the remaining bit from his lips and smiled up at Florida, "Thanks that actually worked."

Louie turned his gaze to Florida and raised an eyebrow as California hopped up and headed for the door. 

--

Louie and Florida were hanging out in their room afterward and Florida was a confused, flustered mess while Louie watched, amused. 

"Jesus H Christ, I didn't know it was possible for him to look so fucking appealing. What the hell?" Florida groaned and flopped back on his bed next to Louie, his hands covering his eyes and rucking his hat and sunglasses off of his head distressedly and ruffling his hair. "'S not fair..."

Louie smirked down at the other then shook his head, "Are ya really surprised, sha? He knows how ta look good. He's almost entirely about lookin good," he chuckled and shook his head. "Shoulda been expectin it."

Florida pouted up at his friend, "Traitor."

--

New York joined California on the couch in the front room.

"What happened last night? I couldn't find you and you're door was locked..."

"I don't wanna talk about it, N Y.." California leaned against the other, sighing softly. "I- The thoughts got bad last night so I drank till I couldn't remember what they were. That's all..."

New York hugged the other around the shoulders comfortingly. "You know you can come to me when that happens..."

California shook his head, "It isn't that easy...."

Behind them, in the doorway, Florida froze, unsure if it was okay that he had overheard this.

"It's not important-"

"It is."

Florida stepped fully into the room, drawing the attention of the other two and the uncertain look on his face gave them pause. 

"What's up Flo?" California attempted to sit up, but New York's arm held him in place against the other's side.

"Cali, if there's something wrong... you should let us help you," he sat on California's  unoccupied side, reaching out to him. "After all, what kind of found family would we be if we didn't help each other?" He gave them a soft smile and then yelped when California pulled him into a tight hug.

They stayed like that and Florida relaxed into the hug eventually and after a few minutes he heard California begin to snore. He looked up, incredulous at first, but his expression softened when he saw how relaxed the younger state was, and he shared a fond look with New York before the two of them cuddled into the sleeping state and took a nap together on the couch. 

--

When they woke up it was to about 10 pictures of various angles and close ups in the group chat of them and when the others attempted to poke fun at California about it later, Florida surprised everyone into silence by sitting in his lap and stealing his beanie so he could run his hands through the other's hair. New York just smirked proudly, silent.

California would eventually learn that they loved him as he was.