Best Friends.

Danni.

Listening is my greatest trait. I listen to music like it’s my way of breathing. I listen to rain like it’s my soul. I listen to my friends talk about their harsh lives. Listening is all I do. But, if I speak one word, if one fucking word comes out of my mouth, I will suck it back in and make sure it doesn’t revel too much. There’s just too much there, stuff that can ruin my whole life.

                Walking around with my backpack and Monster in hand people look at me like I’m a crazy bitch. Scary. I mean, do I really look that frightening? Oh, actually I kind of do. I have long black hair with bangs just below my eyebrows. I have shiny pale blue eyes, and pale white skin. There’s a piercing in my nose and gages in my ears. I have a few tattoos, well actually a lot. Six: My Cancer sign on the back of my neck, Unbreakable on my right wrist, Unbroken on my left, Love on top of my right wrist, A Japanese quote on my right side, on my right thigh I have the & sign from Of Mice and Men, my favorite band, that says “This is not what it is only baby scars, I need your love like a boy needs his mother side”, also I have a whole left shelve filled with Band icons, Anime stuff, Pokémon, Star Wars and other amazing things.

                Maybe, I am a scary 18 year- old after all. I grip my Monster and continue blasting Black Veil Brides in my ear plugs. Looking around I see my best friend Maze, a beautiful 17 year- old, with short bleached hair and bright blue eyes. She’s an indie, musical theater freak. You’d think we’d wouldn’t even look at one another, let alone be best friends. But, together we grew up for 7 years. She really became an amazing person. “Danni!” She yells and waves her hand over to me. I smile and walk over to the table at the patio. Taking my ear plugs out I take my boring black backpack off. “How’s life?” I ask her.

                “Boring, I’ve been working on this play for so many days I can speak my lines in Spanish, and I don’t even know how to speak Spanish!” Maze has been working on Grease for the opening show for the Drama Club. I haven’t hung out with her for that reason only. “Well, you asked for it, Miss. Sandy.” I tease her while sipping my drink. She blushes as she hears her character’s name.  Always wishing to be the main role and it’s her time to shine. “Oh, here comes Isis.” Maze points.

                I turn around to see a short blue haired girl, stomping around with her simple jeans and a simple jacket. Ah, my other best friend for 7 years. The video game, bipolar beauty. She reaches the table and sits down. “Hey guys.” She says. “Hello” We both say. Isis is a very funny girl, but she pretty much hates everyone but us.

                “You know what,” She turns and starts. “I really just want to blow everything up right now.” We stare at her for a second. “So, you’re in a good mood I see.” I say sitting down next to her. She smiles and nods. We get to our High School pretty early so we stand there talking about dumb, pointless things. In the middle of our convo, I feel arms go around my waist and pulling me in for a hug. There’s only one person in this world that can touch me like that and give me this rush of feeling.

                I turn around to face the beautiful brown eyes of Kobi. The love of my life. He smiles his most wonderful smile and I nearly melt. “Good Morning,” He says in his deep voice. “Good morning.” I answer him. He greets Isis and Maze. They love him too, but in a simpler way. We’ve all been best friend for 4 years now. I’ve been head over heels for him for 3, but… his girlfriend is the only girl in his heart.

                “I love your shirt.” He points to my Pierce The Veil shirt. I smile, remembering our first concert together. I blush at the thought. “Thank you, Hun.” Just then Valery peeks behind him in a ‘surprise attack.’ “Hey, baby.” Her small voice erks the shit outta me. I look over at Isis and Maze and they can tell I’m annoyed with her. We all pretty much hate the short little 10th grader. She’s a little blonde girl who thinks she’s all Scene. Fuck her scene! “Hey,” He gives her a sweet little kiss. Looking away I contain my anger for this moment.