ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ ♡.

a/n: mentions of abuse

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RICKYS POV
it had been at least a week since i last spoke to nini and it was hitting hard. i had no one else to turn to, since ej had gina and red had ashlyn. i was all alone and i felt trapped. my home life was getting worse. my mom and dad would argue even more than before and it'd get physical. he's hit her a couple times and she'd hit him.

it was a cycle.

i turned back to my old habits again: smoking and drinking. i'd drink until i'd black out. the next day i'd wake up with a hangover, but i'd do it again. i started to smoke everyday now, every chance i get. my cigarettes, weed and alcohol was all i had right now.

school was worse too. i'd skip class to smoke or drink. i never paid attention and i'd show up when i felt like it. i completely drowned out my surroundings. it had been 3 days since i last went to school.

today i finally decided to go back. my mom and dad were arguing again, and i didn't wanna hear the sounds of them hitting eachother, yelling, nothing. i quickly showered, grabbed my car keys, and drove to school.

when i got there, i went to my locker, and ej and red walked over. 'bro, where have you been? we've texted your phone and been calling you and nothing.'

'i been around. my phone broke.' i sighed and shut my locker. 'hey, has nini asked about me?'

big red nodded. 'its been brief though. she's just been hanging out with conan all the time.'

i rolled my eyes. of course she has.

i just nodded slightly and sighed. i pulled out a cigarette from the box in my pocket.

'dude.' ej sighed. 'you still smoke?'

i cocked my head, confused. 'you don't?'

he shook his head. 'nah man. gina made me quit and honestly, it was the best decision of my life.'

i looked down and fidgeted with the cigarette, twirling it around my fingers. i turned around and seen nini at her locker, looking like she was arguing with conan. i walked a little closer to get a better view.

'we havent hung out all week!'

i seen conan roll his eyes. 'youre to clingy. i need some time to myself to.'

she looked down and i saw some tears drop and conan laughed. 'god what the fuck is your problem? chill out nini. we'll hang out some time next week.'

she was still crying and he rolled his eyes. 'i dont have time for this.' he walked away and i watched nini's tears fall.

'hey.' i walked over quietly. she looked up at me, teary-eyed. 'ricky, oh my god..' she was crying harder now.

'hey..hey.' i said, trying to calm her down. 'let's go to my car.' she nodded and she followed me to my car.

she sat in the passenger seat and she sobbed, explaining to me everything that had happened in the past week.

'ricky i'm horrible, i should have listened to you. i'm so sorry!' she sobbed harder. i rubbed her back. 'hey neens..it's okay. he's your first boyfriend.'

she slightly smiled and was sniffling. 'thank you for understanding.' i sighed and fidgeted with my fingers.

'hey.. what's wrong?' she asked me, grabbing my hand. i sighed, 'nothing. it's nothing.' she frowned. 'ricky, you can talk to me you know. we're friends.'

i sighed and i let the tears drop. i explained to her my hell of a life and she looked down. 'ricky, i'm so sorry i wasn't here for you.' she sniffled. 'i promise i'll be here now.'

we both smiled at eachother. 'thank you neens. for everything.' i laughed lightly. 'i missed you.'

she smiled. 'i missed you too bowen.'

we went back inside the school and as soon as we walked in, we seen conan. 'hey ba-' he saw that i was with her and he glared at me.

'what were you doing with him?'

nini rolled her eyes and scoffed. 'we're friends, conan.'

'i dont want you hanging out with him.'

i dont know what came over me, but next thing i knew my fists hit his face, and he was on the ground. next thing i knew, we were hitting eachother. nini managed to get us apart but the last thing i felt before i fell to the ground was a punch to my face.