#1; 𝐃iner 𝐈n 𝐋ondon.

December 14th 2020, London,
                    United Kingdom.

            "make some noise for NiV!"

                       Jackie's POV.       

  _________________________________________
  I just had the biggest concert of my life! Rather much it wasn't much of a concert but it was more like an unknown one, the ones probably hidden in a large train station alley but it was the most fun I've ever had on stage. I'm Jackie Dean and I'm in a band called NiV or better known as Naked i Visual, I'm the drummer of the group and the only girl. You'd think that would be amazing and a fairytail but in reality we all act like total children and fight over the smallest things such as the smallest piece of cheesecake left in the fridge or even a spot on the couch or even in school, the list keeps going but to save you from the mess I'll keep it to myself. After the small 'concert' I'm talking to Mickle, the guitarist of the group as my two best friends run up to me with clear cups in their hands, hyping me up as they walked. "Miss Dean, you looked and did amazing up there! We *have* to go celebrate." Leigh Windle & Amy Windle, my childhood best friends and honestly sisters to me. Amy had on a black shirt with jeans with platform boots and a few accessories with Leigh right beside her in a pink silk dress with white heels as well as a cow print bag that looked like it was from the early 2000's.

       I could only laugh at their intoxicated compliments but I thanked them for them while setting down my drumsticks on a chair I was beside. "shall we go to the diner we always do to celebrate? I'm sure they'll be happy to see us again." Amy asked as if the last part was a joke which it probably wasn't since the three of us were always in that diner and we were practically really close with the owner and its workers. The three of uz share a laugh then I turn to my bandmates and wave at them to receive a bunch of 'goodbye's or just them waving frantically before leaving I grab my zip up jacket and my car keys, putting the jacket over my dress which looked like a nightgown. Amy and Leigh stumble to my car as they're drunk as can be and both have heels on; after getting successfully in the car with a few troubles of Leigh falling multiple times I drive to the diner and arrive soon after. The two girls in front of me stumble into the diner and almost fall for the thousandth time tonight, as we all walk in Amy hands me her platforms and Leigh just leaves hers at the door to grab them later.

         Sadly to say this wasn't their first time just throwing off their shoes in the diner, the workers didn't care since they did this everytime they came in. The diner smelt like freshly baked cookies and other kinds of sweets mixed with fast food smells, the walls were a soft brown color and it was quiet.. they only noises were coming from a small jukebox and the extremely loud conversation between Amy and Leigh. I groan as I hold Amy's shoes and head over to a booth by the jukebox so I could listen to the music while eating, it helped me calm down from the shows. Setting her shoes down beside me I begin to take out my phone from Leigh's bag to text my mother since she always wants to know where I am. I text mom as I twirl my black wavy hair with my finger, Amy begins to scream at me from the wooden counter they were standing almost on top of. "Jackie! What do you want?" Since its so quiet and late at night there's not much noise so her voice ecos, thinking for a bit I shrug and tell her to surprise me. Leigh came skipping to the table I chose with a huge smile on her pale and flustered face before flopping down on the seat, crossing her legs. The more I look at her the more prettier she gets, her blond hair and blue eyes really complimented her pink outfit.

      "What's that look about?" I question her but she just acts as if she zipped her lips and threw away the key, rolling my eyes I put my phone in my jacket pocket. Soon being greeted by a smiling Amy with a tray of food; her straight brown hair slightly bouncing with each step she made. She sat across from me beside Leigh and handed out everyone's food and the drink she randomly chose as she was still drunk and probably couldn't think straight. As I begin to eat the song 'Come As You Are By Nirvana starts to play in the background while my best friends talked about their favorite alcoholic drink or their favorite singer. It was a good song and it was always played at this hour so each time I came in I decided to sit and memorize it, I wasn't gonna sing it or anything but I really liked it so why not? The cashier cleared their throat which caught me off guard and brought me back to reality and stopping thinking about the song in the background. "Jackie, me and my lovely sister have been talking about getting you into a live life or at least socialize with people besides us and your bandmates." I was dumbfounded, why? Because I don't have time for relationships or even a love life. I know they only want the best for me and to see me in a happy relationship.

        Leigh and Amy smile up at me with puppy eyes while waiting for a response. "And we thought of another way, if you don't like humans in our generation, you can always try shifting!" They both said 'shifting' in synchronization while doing jazz hands. I give them a confused look while leaning back and crossing my arms, this was new, they never came up with a backup plan. They both sigh and Leigh crosses her hands on the table to look at you with her usual pouty lips and puppy eyes which only leads to me doing something that I don't wanna do to make her happy. "Shifting is like.." Leigh starts "Going to another universe and bonding with the people there and creating memories, we've both done it and ended up seeing each other in Hogwarts! You can do whatever! Just don't.. Do anything that would get you arrested." They get super excited and giddy about just talking about this topic, they talk about Harry Potter for awhile and explain a few things along the way as well as how good the books are but how shifty the writer is. I nod along with whatever their saying while still eating my fries I had put to the side earlier, trying to process all of the information I was being given.

        Amy looks at me then at Leigh, almost immediately putting her hands together as if she's praying and Leigh copies her actions, looking at me. "What? You want me to go to a totally different time zone AND universe to find a guy because you think I can't find any in this universe?" They both nod repeatedly while holding their hands together. I sigh in defeat and set down my fries to rub my temples and speak in a soft tone. "Tell me more and maybe."