Winners And Losers

[Name]'s eyes widen, watching Daichi spike the ball to the other side of the net. Ikejiri ran after the ball even when it's outside of the court and she held her breath. She wishes for the boy to be able to receive the ball because she know how devastating it is not to be able to make it to the ball in time. However, she'd remind herself that she had the motivation to run after the ball.

She pulled her lips into a thin line when Ikejiri didn't make it and Karasuno scored a point. The boys screamed for the point while those in Tokonami approached Ikejiri. She let out a sigh, turning her attention to Hinata who's going to serve and she watched Tokonami receive the serve effortlessly.

"Bring to the left!" Ikejiri announced, his hand up.

"Ikejiri-senpai."

Ikejiri approaches the net, his eyes focused on the ball and he jumps, spiking the ball. Unfortunately, Azumane and Tsukishima blocked, Azumane being the one to shut out Ikejiri and that was the first match point. The referee blows his whistle, signaling with his arms for the teams to rotate, [Name] and Kiyoko are giving water to the boys.

"You looked cool, Nishi," [Name] praised, smiling at him.

Nishinoya pulled his lips into a thin line, blushing and he looks away. [Name] noticed and she was about to open her mouth when Tanaka bumps into her, a fake pout on his lips as he gazed at her. "What about me, [Last name]?"

[Name] smiles wider. "You, too!"

Tanaka smiles wide, thrusting his fist in the air and he walks over to Nishinoya. Tanaka starts talking to Nishinoya with a smirk on his lips and that flustered expression disappears from Nishinoya's features. [Name] wondered if she shouldn't praise Nishinoya, perhaps it embarrasses him like a mother giving affection to her son in public. She didn't like that comparison.

The referee blows the whistle and the players return to the court.

"Nice serve, Kageyama!" Daichi encouraged.

[Name] watched the black haired first-year toss the volleyball up and perform a service ace serve. [Name] clapped, smiling wide as Kageyama's service ace was really good and he scored a point with it, too. Kageyama continued to do another four service aces, scoring five points in total for Karasuno with his service aces.

Kageyama did another service ace, but Tokonami was able to pick it up. The ball is going towards the net, a bit too high to spike, but Ikejiri and Daichi are up on the net together. Both of them applying pressure to the ball to get it to either slip on one side, but Daichi was able to push the ball onto Tokonami's side.

However, Daichi touched the net so the point goes to Tokonami.

"All right!" The players on Tokonami exclaimed.

"Maybe we shouldn't be so happy about one lousy point."

"It's fine. One point can be the beginning of a scoring streak."

[Name] smiled at the team.

Karasuno is in a match point, but Tokonami doesn't look like they're going to accept defeat. [Name] smiled at the sight of Tokonami still having their fighting spirit with them and she liked Tokonami only because they're not giving up despite the point difference between them. Nor are they going to let the one point that Karasuno needs to win the game waver their determination.

Tanaka serves the ball and Sakuari receives the ball. The setter sets the ball to Ikejiri, the number 4 player approaching the net with his eyes focused on the ball and he jumps, ready to spike the ball on Karasuno's side. Ikejiri spikes the ball past Hinata and Daichi, Azumane goes in the path of the ball and receives it. The ball lands in Kageyama's hands and he sets it to Hinata, but Ikejiri receives the ball.