A letter of apology...

It's 9:51 pm, the same calm evening we spent our days enjoying our moments together. But today, it's different.

April 6, 2021

To my almost,

We started on a wrong footing, wrong timing, and ended on the wrong setting. A lot of things happened lately, everything was brief. Indeed, what we had is similar. A brief encounter. The day we drifted apart, it made me go through sweats and countless situations occurred on my mind because, on my part, I didn't feel anything.

But why do I feel like I'm an empty shell.

Drifting along in the midst of the ocean begging for someone to fill this void...

But then, I found the answer.

I was merely used to having you around to the point that even your mere existence became a shadow of my past. You might wonder if I went through a rough time. I did but ironically it felt like a heavy burden was lifted instead of it aching for a long time.

I guess I didn't love you enough the way you loved me.

It wasn't easy for me as well to let go of you but then the more we stay, the more we are letting ourselves be stuck on this loop of endless unanswered questions.

I am already aware of your not-so-open personality on how you truly feel. You're shy, stiff, and most of all what I truly liked about you — a gentleman. But then, understanding you caused me enough pain to not realize that I am also hurting.

All of our nonchalant moments led us to more painful arguments and misunderstandings. But most of all, I apologize that my pride was always high.

Nonetheless, the damage has been done and all that's left for us is to move on. This is the ending that we both deserve for healing and of course, growth. I believe there is more to this world that our youth should enjoy. Maybe also getting lost in this ocean is a blessing in disguise, we might meet the one for us along the search for ourselves.

If ever our paths cross in the future, may we not let this past ruin such an opportunity to at least say hi to each other.

Lastly, I did love you.

Yours Truly,

Mochi.