Chapter 6

Time: 5:00 am
Location: The BOW House
(Bangalore, Octane, and Wattson)
Not proof read
Point of View: Wattson

Nine and a half hours of sleep was pretty good for my first game, in my opinion at least. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep from my nerves, but I managed.

Once my shower was over I stepped into my room with my gold locks twisted into a mini towel while my body was covered with a larger one.

I took my hair out of the towel, bending over to make sure all the water falls onto my towel. Hearing a slight knock from my bedroom door I slowly walked to grab the nob.

Twisting it to the left I slowly pulled the door towards me-revealing a green haired junkie on the other side.

"Amigo!Your up!,"I flinched at how loud he spoke-my hearing is always sensitive in the mornings. Seeing this he cleared his throat, then spoke again but softer. "I wanted to check on you, make sure you were up and at em."he whisper yelled to me.

I smiled at his kindness.

"Thank you Octavio, I appreciate it. But don't ever worry about making sure I'm up, I 'm never late to anything. "I groggily said, my voice a little hoarse since I haven't spoken at all this morning.

Giving me a thumbs up he bounced back and forth on his feet.

"Ayeeeeeeee, I like that. Anyways I should let you finish getting ready! I'll be downstairs waiting for you with Anita." He informed me. Giving me a small wave he headed downstairs.

Closing my bedroom door I gazed around my room, looking for my hair brush. Spotting it on my small white dresser, I made my way to it.

Picking it up I started brushing my hair, starting with the end of it, holding the hair with my free hand. Since my hair only reached my shoulders, my hair never took long to do.

After I finished brushing my hair I made my way back to my bathroom. I picked up my body lotion from the counter and began to moisturize my body. The smell of cocoa butter filled my nostrils as I massaged the lotion onto my skin.

Finishing up I went back to my bedroom towards my bed where my outfit rested. Octavio told me the legends all called their outfits "skins"...weird.

I made sure to keep track on the time as I finished getting ready

I made sure to keep track on the time as I finished getting ready. My "skin" took a total of 8 minutes to put on- I really hope it gets easier. Since the time was only 5:42 am I cleaned up a little in the bathroom, then moved to the bedroom.

The first game of the season is usually a ranked game so we have to leave the house by 6:30 am. Grabbing my pylon, I slipped it into the holster on my back.

I jumped a few times and moved around a little to test how it felt on my back. Once I was satisfied with everything I made my way downstairs into the kitchen.

Like Octavio said, I found him and Anita bickering about who knows what. I stood at the entrance of the kitchen, listening to what they were fighting about.

"There's no way in hell we're landing Fragment first game! Natalie won't survive a minute if we land there!"

"Oh come Anita! Have some faith,will ya? Landing at hot zones is a great way to get better. I think she'll do just fine!"

I cleared my throat after Octavio's sentence to gain their attention. I felt a little bad,this whole argument started because of me.

"I don't mind landing Fragment. Although it's my first game, I believe I will be just fine. Fragment has lost of buildings-those would be great for my fences." I explained. Truth be told, Fragment was the last place I wanted to land. The Apex Games are intense and bloody, that's something I'm not use to.

"Natalie I get it,you don't wanna let us down-and you're not. But Fragment for your first game? I just...I don't think it's a good idea." Anita explained.

"I appreciate your concern Anita, but I can do this. Please, let me show you what I can do." I pleaded. I gave her the best "puppy eye" look I could- I heard it works on most people.

Anita sighed. She glanced at her tablet before looking back at me.

"Ok. We'll land Fragment, BUT we stick together off drop."Hearing this made Octavio whoop and holler in joy, I giggled at his behavior.

"Thank you, Anita."