Chapter 2

Time - 10:47 pm
Location - Home of Bangalore, Octane,and Wattson
Point of View - Octane

Just a little more flour , a tad bit of salt and BAM!The lava cake batter is done! I've actually never made a lava cake before so I'm just hoping it turns out decent after they're done baking. After pouring the batter into the baking tray,I slid the pan into the oven.

Now all I had to do was clean up the mess I had made, and oh boy was it a big one. I groaned as I started putting the left over ingredients away. I started with the cold things first like the butter, milk, and eggs.

  After that I grabbed the big bowl I used to mix the batter in. Seeing some leftover in the bowl I lifted the bottom half of mask and took my index finger and dipped it into the chocolatey mix, then popped it into my mouth.

Hearing footsteps I turned to my left with my finger still in my mouth. In the doorway was a short,blonde women with paint splattered on herself.

At first I was scared this person had broken in but then realized this must've been our new roommate Anita had told me about. I recognized her from the article I found online, Natalie Paquette was her name.

I actually learned quite a bit about her from searching her up online. I knew about her fathers death, and her being a engineer- which I totally dig that by the way.

Seeing her in person was different though. When she smiled I could feel a blush creep up on my face, and for some reason I just couldn't look at her anymore.

I felt like if I did my stomach would explode. I saw a flash of movement and suddenly she was closer then she was before, and I think I heard her snap in front of my face.

Blinking twice,I glanced up to indeed see her snapping. Concern covered every inch of her face. Ah,she thinks I'm dying,that's the only conclusion I can come up with. Removing my finger from my mouth I smiled sheepishly.

"Ah,sorry hermana for scaring you.I totally spaced out just then."I spoke scratching the back of my neck in embarrassment.What a great first impression I made,I thought while staring at the ground-too embarrassed to look at her. I

heard a faint giggle come from the blonde in front of me,I looked up confused. She was at least two inches shorter then me,so in a way I had to look down at her.

"Oh!it's quite all right. I'm Natalie Paquette,your third team member!"She smiled as she spoke proudly. How adorable.

"Ya, I heard about you from the internet.Your a badass!"I beamed at her. She created the ring!Shes hella smart!Man, Che would really like Natalie.

" I could see Natalie start to fiddle with the hem of her shirt,her cheeks were a faint pink.A smile was plastered on her lips.

"Oh uh,thank you.Not many people appreciate my creation,some say I was stupid for making something that could cause so much harm to people...."she trailed off glancing down.

"Well the only advice I can give is not everyone's gonna like you and what you do. But don't let that bring you down."I spoke,bringing her blue orbs back to mine (I have no idea what his eye color is,ima just say green).

Wow,that felt kinda weird to say.Who knew I could be so inspirational.

She giggled a little at my advice. Her giggling made me start to chuckle, and soon the kitchen was filled with our laughter.

After our laughter died down she offered to help me clean up the rest of the mess I created. I politely declined her help at first but she completely ignored me and started to clean up the kitchen.

She didn't do it in a rude way,matter of fact it was kind of.....cute. After asking me if I needed any help she waited for my response.

After hearing in she just skipped towards the sink with this big,sweet smile on her face. Then she just started humming to herself and started washing the dishes.

Once the dishes were done and the counter was cleaned she told me she had to go wash all the paint off of her. I thanked her before she went upstairs, the same smile as before was her response.

————————————————————