🌕 . . chapter nineteen.

( ❑❑❑ )

❝ you died on the spot, i died during surgery. ❞

❝ who cares about the time, we both died anyway. ❞

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( november 09, 2022. )

oh, recalling that sure was heavy.

not like the two of them took it seriously though.

"not gonna lie, our way of dying was so boring, god," raeil huffed, pushing herself back to her seat. "why is it so cliche? we could've done much better."

"did you want to get abducted by paulo escobar or something?"

"paulo escobar i'm- bruh. i just wanted our death to maybe go down into history but no, wasn't even close."

with a sudden, yet unintentional, click of his tongue, doyoung said, "we died because we were assholes. that's enough history."

and yes, they both had says in whose fault it was (if there were individual faults in the first place), mostly because the entire situation balanced his anger to hers during that very moment.

"more you because damn, you really had to emphasize my loveless childhood like that."

"you literally told me i deserved getting kicked out of the band."

"you know what? fair."

raeil took some time to rethink a bit. "but none of us meant that, right?"

"yeah, we were just tired . . and we got hit by an actual truck, mainly because you wanted to walk out in the middle of the highway."

"don't blame me for getting you killed, it's fate," she said. "i mean, the next scene would probably be us breaking up and living alone so maybe god just said fuck their lives, they have to be together."

he nodded, which had an unclear message as to whether it was toward agreement, or sarcasm, or not wanting to talk anymore.

you know, this is quite out of topic, but doyoung, as a person, was confusing (yet awfully attractive).

and she noticed it all.

"but like, afterlife isn't any different. it's still so boring! bitch, i expected a hotel, not the same old crusty impala in ghost version."

"my impala is offended."

amidst their conversation, the gps's robotic voice finally decided to talk over the music after an hour or so.

you have arrived.

how they wished it didn't talk for a much longer period of time.

"we're . . here."

both of them looked at each other, unusually spooked. the wide eyes with the anxious expressions were key points.

"shit."

( ❑❑❑ )

"you know one thing i love about myself?"

"you love everything about yourself."

while they were unfastening seatbelts (which were unnecessary since they were already dead anyway), raeil started yet again another small conversation before their exit from the vehicle.

"come on, i'm being serious."

"okay, what?"

it was funny without context, to say the least. "i have no moles."

doyoung couldn't anymore contain himself from laughing after hearing how ridiculous she was sounded. "and?"

"they say your moles are representations to where your past lover kissed you the most back then, but i have none," raeil shared, making the other's comedic expression shift into one which indicated interest, "so that means, you may be my first love unless my previous one unless my previous one is an unromantic bitch, and my first actual kiss! maybe i should expect moles on my cheek in my next life."

"yeah, and i should expect one on my chin, is that it?"

"pretty much."

she watched how he seemingly checked his own features out in rearview mirror, causing her to sneer.

"oh, guess what?" he finally pipes up, "i don't have any either."

"but what about," raeil brushed off the hair stuck to the side of his face with certainty that there was definitely something there, then was confused to see none, "huh?!"

"what about what?"

"didn't you have one on your temple?"

"no? maybe it was a pimple?"

"you had one! now, where is it?!"

"why are you yelling at me? my god, it's just a nonexistent mole."

( ❑❑❑ )

[ gabrielle's notes ]

yes i am aware of the fact that both doyoung and dahyun have moles irl but anyway hehe