Chapter four

*Your point of view*

I walk out of my math class with Shinsou at my side.  He complains about the math test tomorrow and I nod along.  I notice Sero come out of a classroom with his arm wrapped around Jirou's shoulder.  I had seen them together numerous times and they were always flirting with each other.  

I turn my head away from the two and Shinsou notices something is wrong immediately.  He grabs my arm gently.

"Mochi isn't that the guy you like?" He asks loudly. I smack a hand over his mouth and look at Sero to see if he had heard.

"Shut up!  I don't want him to hear you.  Besides he doesn't even know that I go to UA, this would not be a good way for him to find out."  I whisper.  Shinsou's eyes widen with confusion.

"Seriously, you haven't told him that you go to school with him?!"  Shinsou exclaims.  I shush him once again.  

"I just- Shinsou you know that I'm not supposed to tell anyone.  Only the General studies class, my parents, and the teachers know that I go here."  Shinsou frowns but doesn't argue.

          *Sero's point of view*

I hear someone say Mochi's name and turn around immediately.  The hallway I'm standing in is crowded but I spot her quickly.  Her 'plainness' stood out amongst the people whose bodies had been modified for their quirk.  

'What is she doing here?'  I think to myself.  I decide to follow her, leaving behind Jirou and Kaminari.  She is going towards the cafeteria with Shinsou.  I watched as she got her food and sat down with a bunch of General studies students.  I was tempted to go and confront her but after the conversation I had overheard between her and Shinsou, I wasn't sure that was a good idea.

I get my food and sit down next to Mina, making sure to keep an eye on Mochi.  The bell rings and she gets up.  I scramble to follow her, once again leaving my friends.  

I have two more classes today but they are both Hero classes so I don't know if Mochi will have more classes.  I honestly don't know much about the other courses.

Mochi turns a corner into an empty hallway and slumps down against the wall.  She digs through her backpack for something.  She pulls out a small red tube shaped like an L.

Mochi brings the tube up to her mouth and presses down on the button at the top

Mochi brings the tube up to her mouth and presses down on the button at the top.  After a few seconds she breathes out smoke.  

'Is she smoking!!?'  My face contorts with worry.  Without thinking, I rush towards her.  Mochi screams and scrambles backwards.  I grab her wrists and pull her towards me with my tape.

"Are you SMOKING!?" I threaten.  Mochi shakes her head vigorously. 

"It's m-my inhaler, it's medicine to h-help with my asthma."  Her voice is shakey with fear.  I drop her onto the ground and she yelps.  She puts the 'inhaler' back into her bag and stands up.

"Why didn't you tell me that you went to UA?"  I soften my tone so I won't scare Mochi.  I put a hand on each side of her face.  Mochi is tense and still shaking.

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone that I go here.  It's because I'm quirkless, the school doesn't want me to be a target for villains." She whimpers.  I pull her into a hug and whisper calming words into her ear.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, I couldn't stop myself," I explain.  She breathes out a sigh and leans her head against my chest.  After a minute she picks up her bag and starts to walk away.

"You can't tell ANYONE that I go here.  Not even your girlfriend." Before I can protest she's gone.