Training with You

Hi everyone, this is an old story I posted back on fanfiction.net mare than a year ago and now I'm bringing it here having been edited and fixed. For those who might get confused, this was written when the second season came out. Well I'll let you guys read and I hope you enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Dragon Prince, it belongs to Netflix.

-----------------------------------

Training with you

It had been quiet around the castle as there wasn't nothing new happening, except for the king and his diplomats in regularly meetings. There hadn't been much peace in a long time and now there is a lot thanks to Callum, Ezran and Rayla bring the egg back to the dragon. Now that years have passed with no wars and relations between the humans and elves have remained good.

In the castle hallways, Rayla had been walking around trying to find a way to entertain herself.

"It sucks that Callum has to be go to these meetings with Ezran but it's his duty. I just hope he finishes because it's getting boring here"

As she walked, she felt a small kick which she looks down and smiles

"It's seems someone's happy today. Don't worry, it won't be long till your daddy is done and we get to see him again." She said as she rubbed her stomach.

She has been 5 months pregnant with her and Callum second baby and she has been happy ever since. When she told Callum that they were having another baby, he burst in tears of joy. They soon both told their daughter and she became happy that she was going to have a brother.

"We both need to go find a place to relax a bit for now. Let's head to the courtyard maybe we can do something there"

She soon heads off to the courtyard. As she arrives, she sees the place empty as she expected there would be a few people here.

"There's no one here"

As she was looking around, out of nowhere an arrow comes right at her and she manages to dodge it quick as it hits the wall. It scared her that she almost got killed.

"Oops, sorry, I didn't mean it, it was an accident!"

She turns around to see who it was and surprised to see it was her and Callum 10-year-old daughter, Camila, runs to her at a fast pace.

"Honey, was that you who shot that?"

"Yes, it was but I didn't mean it" she said embarrassed

"You should be careful, I almost got hit with an arrow"

"I'm sorry mom, I was just practicing my archery skill and my arrow missed which must have hit a pan and flew this direction"

"It's alright just be careful okay"

"Okay"

"Why are you out here?"

"Just wanted to practice my archery skill and I'm no success to it."

"Seems you do need some help, want me to teach you"

"Really, you mean it?"

"Yes, you can maybe even learn a few tricks from me."

"Thanks mom you're the best"

She soon gives her a hug and they both head off to train.

-----------------------------------

They were both positioned a couple of feet away from the targets they setup with their bow and arrows in position to fire.

"Remember stay up straight and clear your mind so you aren't distracted as if you were hunting or taking down an enemy."