It happened.

I had done it, qualifying 3rd overall. "This gives you a good chance of ending up in the top 3 in the final." my coach said. I gave out a sigh of relief.

I got text messages and calls from family and friends saying congratulations and how proud they are of me. Before competing in the finals I looked at those text messages and that brought me even more joy. Nerves surprisingly weren't rattling through me because getting this far at the olympic made me the happiest girl in the world but by no means did that mean I wasn't going to try harder than ever before.

I came out with Rose for the final time at the Olympics . I looked around for the final time at the Olympics . I was living my dream and hopefully I will be able to live it again. I looked at Rose and mouthed 'Good luck' and she mouthed it back. I looked over at my coach who I could just about see. I couldn't make out what what he was saying but just guessed it was something motivational.

"And with the gold medal...Alison Michaels!" announced a commentator. I had done it and done it in style. I got a PB and I was 2 seconds ahead of Rose who got second place and 3 seconds ahead of the third place winner who was called Paige. I stepped onto the platform as proud as ever. Everybody who thought I couldn't do it just saw me do it. I bowed down to receive my gold medal and flowers. It was time to listen to the national anthem and before it even started, I was crying with tears of joy. Next it was photo time and as a tradition for me of course I had to bite into the gold medal. I hugged the other competitors, my family, my friends and most importantly my coach who has taken me through everything. Even supporter/fans were asking me for my autograph. I was astonished. I couldn't stop thanking them either. This experience will be in my heart forever.

I would like to thank HanaHughes and my other best friend Rhianna for supporting me making this story. I love them so much and they are the best people I've ever met. Thank you everybody who has read this story too :)