It happens to Everyone.

Day 1 started with the boxing, judo and archery. Both Rose and I would've loved to watch the archery but instead we had to go training for the last time before literally competing at the Olympic Games. It took me a few hours to get used to the feel of the pool which is what I like to do before a meet.

Day 2 came and to be honest, day 1 went a lot more slowly than I thought it would so I was excited that day 2 had come yet I didn't want it to end. I woke up at 5am and by 6am I was at the warm up pool. My heat started at 11am which gave me around 4 hours and I used most of that time. I asked my coach for some advice on how to stay on track and if my stroke was ok. "When turning to breathe, turn to the side of your weakest opponent just like you did at trials and that may also help with your stroke because you may be more confident and remember to please yourself and nobody else." explained my coach. My coach is very handy.

The clock stroke 11am. Nerves were rattling through me but I wasn't stopping now. I was racing in Heat 5 out of 6 therefore it gave me time to see what competition I had. It felt like trials all over again, mostly because of Rose being in the lane beside me. I was in the lucky lane, number 4 (well lucky for me). I shook and slapped myself to make my body less stiff. It hurt but helped. I adjusted the block. I looked up, praying all would be good. I looked around seeing fan signs and the olympic logo. On your marks, set, GO! For the millisecond before I hit the water the crowd was roaring, they kept me going even though not all of them were supporting me. My dive was a large dive. My underwater stroke was good. My head reached the air and I was officially off this time. There were no commentators this time which meant I could concentrate more. The first 100 I was sure I was in the top 3 but still needed to give more. I tried and tried and tried for the last 100 but I felt like it wasn't working. Was it? I kept going at the same pace because every time I try to swim faster I always slow down nearer the end.

I finished fourth. Not bad, not disappointed but could've done better. I didn't qualify for semi's. I so glad to get this far and wish it could go further but maybe it wasn't meant to be. I looked over at my coach who gave me the thumbs up when suddenly the whole Aquatic Centre heard a voice. It was the technical manager(s). They reviewed all starts from everybody in each heat. "May Windsor, I repeat May Windsor, Lane 2. FALSE START an DISQUALIFIED! Therefore Alison Michaels, you have qualified for the semi-finals!" they announced. I shivered when I heard my name. I ran over to my coach without thinking. "What just happened?" I asked. "You came third, not fourth, you qualified and you deserved it." my coach said. I couldn't get the smile off of my face and nor did I want it off my face. I felt sorry for May, I know what a false start feels like but luckily go a second chance with my 200 Free but she didn't. I gave her my condolences. Semi-finals tonight at 7. I'm going to be ready this time.

There were 2 semi-finals. I needed to be ready. I stayed in the warm up pool for 3 hours and that's all because I defiantly didn't need the stress of overworking myself and my coach agreed. 7pm turned up. I competed in semi-final 1 not knowing how well the people in the second semi final were going to do which annoyed me but I just kept calm.

I placed second behind Rose, who it takes a lot to beat but I have before. "It depends on how much you want it, you don't want to risk things and I can see that but sometimes you have to especially for you dream and especially in sports. I believe in you!" coach cheered. Now it was just time to get the results of all semi-finals.

I would like to think my one and only (seriously) amazing proof reader HanaHughes for supporting me and well being my best and only proof reader! Thank you to everybody who reads my chapters too :)