Shifting Attempt (12/7/2020)

TLDR: It didn't quite work but it didn't quite fail.

Last night, or rather nine hours ago was my first proper attempt at shifting, emphasis on the word proper. I had tried shifting several other times throughout the last few months, but last night I actually tried a method that wasn't the pillow method. 
No offense to those of you who the pillow method has worked for, but for me it's been an epic failure. Still, don't knock it 'till you try it.
Last night I combined a bunch of different methods together and it went just as well as you would think that would. 

I made a playlist of Harry Potter subliminals and put that on so it would play for the next four or so hours. I tried laying on my back, but I woke up on my side. I tried counting down from 100 and visualizing anything I could about my DR. I don't remember what number I fell asleep at, but I did just that, I fell asleep without shifting. That doesn't mean I didn't feel anything though. 

While counting down I felt like my entire body was pulsing, even though my eyes were closed it was like the empty blackness had a heartbeat. My fingers kept twitching and I found myself short of breath. Despite all of this, I wasn't scared. Normally if my body was doing such I think I would be concerned that I was having a panic attack, but it was as if my brain told me that there was nothing I should be afraid of. Throughout all of this I was able to "see" scenes or at least flashes of scenes. I believe these scenes were flashbacks of sorts, things that happened in my 1st and 2nd year, because I didn't have to think of what happened next in the scenes as it simply just happened.