A Warm Winter Day

PIN'S POV:

Me and Firey were hanging out for the day. I got to see a new side of him, he was kind and funny. It almost reminds me of how he was when we were younger. Our friendship even began to grow. The collar was barely bothering me now.

Winter arrived fast, it started snowing in Goinky and after about 12 hours, there was already a few inches of snow. I would take walks with Firey, and despite snow still being somewhat harmful for him, we still would have fun.

 I would take walks with Firey, and despite snow still being somewhat harmful for him, we still would have fun

"Firey, can I ask you a question?" I took a breathe.

Firey turned towards me, "Yeah? What's up?"

"Okay well, you don't need to answer this if it bothers you, but um- how did you and Leafy break up?" I stuttered while asking.

Firey seemed surprised by this question but after a moment he sighed. "I'll be honest, I... I messed up. It was mainly me that caused the whole mess." Firey began to shrink as he explained.

"Our relationship was good before. But I guess I began to feel... jealous whenever Leafy started hanging out with other guys. I just got so upset, I started controlling her." I think I remember when he was like this. There would be days when me, Needle, Teardrop, and Leafy would have plans but then Leafy would step out because Firey wanted her home instead. "I understand that what I did was sick, but when I wanted to fix it. It was too late."

"She didn't want to hear anything from me, and when she was yelling, I started yelling

"She didn't want to hear anything from me, and when she was yelling, I started yelling." Firey went quiet for a moment. "She left that same day. Everyone heard us yelling at eachother and knew what I did, I put this bad reputation on myself. I want to fix it but.... I don't think I can now." He finished and looked down at the snow watching some of the snowflakes melt as they landed on his hands, "Heh, isn't it funny, I always destroy things. Plants, snow, and even friendships. Why am I still trying to fix this? It'd be better if I just disappear." He began to choke on his words.

"But you're trying to fix yourself, right?" I finally went in. Firey looked at me, "Yeah you may have messed up in the past, but look at what you're doing now. You came to me to talk to, you literally told me that you want to fix the mistakes you've made in the past. That's great. I'll help you." I held a hand out to Firey, a tear tried to go down his face but evaporated once it shed out of his eye.