[M/n]'s passion for volleyball was something purely driven by jealousy and the need to be praised. Not the best motive, but it works for him. People tend to judge when he told them about his reason for playing, but he couldn't care less, after all, why should he care for others' he doesn't know? He had been playing Volleyball since the moment he and Tobio could walk. And that too was wholly propelled by the need to aid Tobio in improving his sets, thus, his childhood volleyball was bland and tasteless. It leaves no imprints of long-lasting memory that impacts his nature today.

Only in recent years, when Oikawa Tooru was a name he heard a lot from Tobio, that sparks of envy started to bloom. Envy is a sin, but [M/n] could not agree. Every sin could be turned into a virtue and vice-versa. He used that envy as a drive to get good and improve, for once, he had a reason to play seriously. He never knew volleyball could bring so much in his life.

First, he met Yuu while doing the 50th serve of the day in some random park. The libero came crashing with a rolling dig as a greeting. From then on, [M/n] met his first friend from school. Yuu somehow manages to persuade the latter to join the volleyball club and eventually go to Karasuno, where they promise to meet up in the volleyball club. [M/n] thought it wasn't a bad idea, after all, he just moved to that area and he knows where Karasuno is.

And during the time he waited for Tobio in his 3rd year of middle school, Oikawa Tooru came with a bright smile to introduce himself. [M/n] of course knows who he is already, Tobio wouldn't shut up about him still. And he was beyond confused to see the legendary Tooru, the demon senpai, greet him in front of the gate. Tooru kept the greeting tradition for a week straight before abruptly stopping altogether. No two words from him and he suddenly vanished and started avoiding the [H/c]. Of course [M/n]'s disappointed, the brunet is the only person keeping him company and entertained while he waited for Tobio. But they're never friends in the first place so no point in dwelling on it as [M/n] thought.

When [M/n] entered high school, he still kept the habit of picking up Tobio. It stopped when Tobio himself suddenly got busy with practice and don't come out anymore or is already somewhere else when the [H/c] was there. [M/n] was not in any way upset, it was his own decision after all.

Around his first year of Karasuno, tho extremely nervous, he joined the volleyball club. [M/n] didn't have many friends. Maybe it's because he thought Tobio was enough to accompany him that he never thought about socializing in school, thus, he had no experience in that field. He always rubs people the wrong way, with his stiff speech and the inability to look at someone in the face, people thought he was the cold and silent type. Not getting along is a clear problem in a sport like volleyball where you are obligated to communicate. Around that time, Suga braces himself and steadily yet sweetly approached [M/n]. And it worked! The latter soon warmed up, tho it took way longer than Koshi had expected. But it was worth it seeing how cheerful and refreshing [M/n] actually is under that thick layer of ice.

Koshi had opened a path for the others to get to know [M/n] better. And with the presence of the volleyball club, the [H/c] felt content and grateful. He can open up and be silly without shame, which explains his touchy behavior and shameless manner around his friends. [M/n] knows if Oikawa wasn't, well... Oikawa, he wouldn't have any association with volleyball. No association with volleyball means he'll be stuck as a loner and loser.

"Are you done reciting your life, [M/n]-chan?" Tooru sighs as he taps his leg impatiently. looking down on the [H/c] as the latter snaps out of deep thinking.

"Yeah," he replied curtly, looking at the brunet with mixed feelings.

"so? what do you want to say to me? I have a game to play." Tooru scoffed, "If you're here to say things about Tobio-chan then I'm leaving." he rolled his eyes ready for some denial or protest, but instead...