Damn, Really?

"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" Edgar Allen Poe's quote was the only thing running through my head as I knew this was my last time being here on this so called, "Earth", and I didn't even make it to prom. As though I was certain my life was over, someone grabbed my hand, pulling me back up just in time to save my life. He pulled me up to the edge of the broken bridge and wiped the mud off of my face.

"HEY, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, WERE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURS-" he said puzzled then with regret.

"Where... you... trying to kill yourself?"

"No" I reluctantly said while trying to stand up. I realized that I must have had to break my ankle, because I could not feel it at all, and I was pretty beat up.

"Let me help you" he said picking me up and carrying me through the rest of the woods. At this point of time, I didn't know if I should trust this man or no. He seemed to be in his mid-20s with a scruffy beard, probably eight days expired, and the classic swooped back hair cut. He wore a red and blue flannel with blue jeans and red vans, which by the way, when he was helping me up, I noticed that his jeans hugged his ass very nicely. But anyway, he had a tattoo on the left side of his neck that said something in French, that if I paid more attention in class, I would understand.

"So what exactly where you doing out here anyway miss..."

"Avery, it's Avery and it's complicated" I said really wanting to be put down but knowing that I am a stage two cripple shattered those hopes.

"Not really Avery, you just simply explain why were you in the woods and I will go on about my day, see...simple" he replied obviously being a smart-ass.

"Well since you must know dip-shit I-" He dropped me. He dropped me dead in the middle of the woods on a pile of dry ass leaves and I could've sworn I broke something else.

"WHAT IN THE HELL WAS THAT" I said trying to use my one good foot to pull my self up but ending up falling over again.

"Your life is in my hands, so how about keeping rude remarks to yourself ok? Ok" He said while trying to pick me up again. As he grabbed my thigh, lifting me up, his thumb slid towards the inside of my thigh which was my "spot" and made me flinch a bit but also tighten my thighs in...natural reflex

"Did...Did I do something" He questioned as he looked down on me and noticed I was blushing.

"Please, let's just not talk about it OK? OK" I replied being a smart ass, but this time he laughed which made me notice the dimples on his cheeks and the freckles covering his right eye. This man was something spectacular. I mean he looked so perfect and I just didn't understand how...JEREMY.

As we approached the front of his house, I noticed it was the same block I lived on, but Jeremy was right across the street asking people where I was. He turned almost getting into his car until he saw me cradled in some guys arms. He ran across the street screaming my name and was previously in tears due to the redness on his face. He looked at the man with disgust as he pulled my sweater down more covering more of my thigh. I forgot that I was wearing a thong and that I was probably extremely exposed right now.

"Be careful, she has a broken ankle and a sprung wrist. Deep abrasions to the out side of her thigh and on her calf, she must've cut herself as she fell off the bridge"

"WHAT" Jeremy cut the guy off looking at me.

"Why where you on the bridge and WHY did you run off like that, you had me frightened to death looking for you, babe, I thought I lost you" He said beginning to cry as his warm tears pressed there way onto my cheek. I couldn't help but feel bad about what I done, as he carried me to his car. He placed me in the passenger seat and as I put on my seat belt, I noticed the guy watching me. I rolled down the window and yelled "HEY COME HERE" to him. Jeremy asked what I was doing, but I swooshed him away as the guy approached.

"Hey, thanks for saving my life today Mr..." I said smiling, trying not to show my affection too much.

"Garcia, Jack Garcia" he said fixing his glasses a bit. His name just kept replaying in my head as I blushed a bit, Garcia.