𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 14

19 years old

19 years old

"So, tell me again, why aren't you going back?" Cindy asked as she looked up from writing her last note.

"I just...I don't think my job would let me." I lied.

"Are you sure? It has nothing to do with the fact that you don't want to see Izabella?"

"No, I could go back whenever I want." 

"Do you know how many times I have heard that? It's starting to get old from you Gage." She shook her head in disappointment.

"Fine. I'm not ready. I don't want to see her. After everything that happened here and then our rushed relationship, it made a huge dent in my mentality. I'm not sure I can go back."

"That's completely fine. Do you think you'd ever go back?"

"Maybe one day. When I'm not so mentally tired and I've dissected our relationship. We did things to each other that we shouldn't have done."

"How far away does that day look?" 

"I don't know."

And I didn't. I realized how wrong me and Izzy were. I lied to her, I had been with another girl. Izzy rushed me, she never talked to me the right away. If anything, I felt pushed to do things but I downplayed it by thinking I want this too. 

"How about this," she shifted in her seat, "if you could go back to that day, would you change anything?"

"I don't know. I mean, I could have gone back this year or when Chris went to find Marge, but I didn't. And maybe that's because I can't find it in myself to want to change anything. Everything happened and that's simply that, it just happened."

"No changes? You wouldn't have taken your brother? You wouldn't have stopped Izabella from, somewhat as you've said before, pushing you into having sex with her?" Cindy's eyes bore into me, hitting all the places I hadn't wanted to think about.

"Okay, maybe a few things I would change. I might've talked longer with Izzy. And yeah, I would've taken my brother. Julian would've loved Izzy," I chuckled softly, my head down as my hands played with my ring.

"There you go, Gage. You're finally opening up to me. I've gotten the same responses and runaround answers. Do you think this would have changed anything? Had you taken Julian?"

"Obviously. Julian would've been a cockblock and most likely spoken about Lizzy. He loved Lizzy and trusted her a lot. And Izzy and I would've talked it out, we would've reached a point where we understood each other completely. And I would've gone home with Julian and everything would've been fine. I'd have gotten the rest of our lives together. All of us would've been happy."