Admirable Honestly

by @daydreaming-away-realityon tumblr

"(Y/N)! Pass it here!"

Your (E/C) eyes narrowed at the voice's owner as you concentrated on your movements. Ascending on your broom, you threw the quaffle at your teammate. As the rain continued to beat down onto you all, you merely gave a curt nod of satisfaction when you saw the catch occur.

Looks like all the extreme weather training was paying off.

Your captain had the determination of your house mascot - the badger - and you knew that a little rain wasn't going to dampen his mood or stop him.

Whizzing around on your broom, you skillful avoid the bludgers flying around the field. It wouldn't be long before your upcoming games, you had to stay in tip top shape.

"(Y/N)!"

This voice caused you to falter, dread filling your being. While the guy's voice was muffled by the rain, you'd recognized it anywhere unfortunately.

Casting a glance at your teammates, you decided they'd be fine without you for a moment as you descend down into the stands. Eyeing the dark brown haired male in his Slytherin uniform, you brushed back a strand of your wet (H/C) hair out of your face as you approached him with a guarded expression.

"Peter," you said, heart breaking at the sound of his name. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check on you," he confessed. "Are you doing okay?"

"After I cut you out of my life, yeah, I'm doing great," you hissed. "I told you that I don't ever want to see you again - what are you doing here?"

Your tone caused the Slytherin boy to shiver. He had never seen you treat anyone this coldly before. Did he really deserve this kind of treatment from you?

"Look, (Y/N), I know I did was wrong -"

"It wasn't just wrong."

"Fine. I made a bad choice and I'm a terrible person! Happy? I know what I did was wrong, and I want to apologize for doing that to you."

"I won't accept your apology," you replied with a frown. "No amount of apologizing will ever make you mean anything to me again, Peter. Just leave me alone."

The boy opened up his mouth to say something, but your glare kept him quiet.

"If it going to be that way, fine," he grumbled. "I won't talk to you ever again."

Watching his retreating figure, you felt the intensity of your (E/C) eyed glare slowly ebb away as pain filled your heart. Seeing the guy you had trusted with your heart insincerely try to make things better with his fake apology hurt.

He didn't deserve you.

You were better than him - but it didn't feel that way right now.

While tears were pricking your eyes, you couldn't tell if you were crying yet with the raindrops falling onto your face. Of all the time that Peter could have decided to talk to you, now was one of the worst.

"(Y/N)!"

You turned, spotting your team captain landing down near you. Despite being as drenched as the rest of you, he still managed to look as charming as ever. As he swung his leg over his broom, his eyes watched the retreating figure.

"You know that practices are private, right? We can't have the enemies in on our practice."

"Trust me, he's not coming back."

"...you okay, (Y/N)?"

You blinked, feeling the rain drenching your clothes and skin. This moment - this feeling - it was cold and it hurt, just like Peter and you needed to get away.