Chapter 18 ⭐

Chapter 18

~5 Days Left, Monday~

I sat on the couch, watching the television when the doorbell rang. Groaning, I stood up and made my way to the door, yanking it open as Liam’s smiling face appeared.

“Hello.’’ I greet him, quickly hugging him. He grin and enter my house, not waiting for an invitation as he stroll up to the living room and plop down on the couch. “Come in.’’ I call sarcastically to the empty doorway, before closing the door.

“Oh, right. Sorry, Rosie.’’ Liam apologised sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck. “I just have something to ask you.’’ I raise an eyebrow and kept silent, waiting patiently for him to explain. “I want to know, if you would like to spend a day with me? As friends.’’ He smile sweetly at me as I purse my lips, playfully making him wait.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I want to?’’ I finally state, slightly confused.

“Hmm, no reasons.’’ He grin at me, a toothless grin, as I narrowed my eyes in his direction.

“There’s something you’re not telling me.’’ I state as he nod, not bothering to lie. Rolling my eyes, I shrug it off.  “Do you want to spend today or…?’’ I trail off, looking at him.

“Nope. Not today, Thursday.’’ He say. “And if you’re working at the café, I want you to take the day off, or ask Maria to replace you, or something.’’ He added as an afterthought. I merely nod, looking at him cautiously.

“And what will we be doing?’’ I ask him as he took out his phone. He look at something on it, before glancing up at me.

“We will be…..oh, wait. It’s a surprise, sorry.’’ He grin, as curiosity hit me.

“What? No, you can’t do that!’’ I exclaim, a whiny note in my voice. “You can’t start saying something and then not say it.’’

He wink at me, before standing up and walking to the door. “Bye Rosie!’’ He call teasingly, shutting the door behind me.

I sat there for a second looking at the door, like it would spill out what Liam refused to tell me.

Groaning, I glance at the television, flopping down on the couch, the blanket falling off of it.  “I should do my homework.’’ I mumble to myself, my eyes settling on the backpack beside the couch. I stretch out my hand, grabbing it by the tip of my finger and brought it closer to me. “There you go.’’ I mumble, smiling victoriously. I open it and spent the night doing school work, texting the boys and calling Amber.

~1 Day Left, Friday~

“Rosie, I’m coming over to get you dressed for your dat- day with Liam.’’

I turn around and look at Amber, an eyebrow slightly raised as she push me forward.