CH 25

AWAKEN AND AWAITING

             It was hours before I was able to open my eyes again. Hours I fought with my demons and came back once again strong only this time I felt stronger, maybe it was because I felt more loved or that I still had something holding me back to live forth for the future.

I was tired of running away, my parents didn't teach me to give up.

I am a Mcvinci and we don't give up.

"You are awake!!"

My senses came back stronger, there were distance smell of people in the white room I was in. The last thing I remembered was I was in my room in my uncle's house, now I was in a room that smelled too clean with sanitizers.

"How are you feeling?"

I lock my gaze with blue eyes that looked so much like mine, dark hair like mine and facial feature almost like mine just manly and aged with lines and wrinkles.

"I'm fine"

My voice was dry and hoarse, my uncle noticed this then proceeded to get me a glass of water from beside me. I sat up taking it to quint my thirst. I could smell my brothers scent on me and knew there had been with me all night but where were they now.

Licking my lips I took my gaze back to my uncle, there were heavy bags under his eyes. He seemed to have age more with the worry that was prominent in his face.

"Where are my brothers?"

"Your aunt took them home to shower and refresh, they haven't left your side since"

I knew something was wrong.

"How long have I been out?"

"Three days"

Oh crap.

I felt warm fingers grasp my hand, my uncle was showing me a side of him I never expected to see.

"More and more, everyday I am reminded of how much I have failed your mother, I never knew how much it also affected you"

I blinked at him in confusion, my tongue suddenly felt heavy to move.

"Your brothers told us what was wrong, I am so sorry you had to go through that and I'm glad you never gave up and you are giving me a chance to redeem myself"

My eyes pooled at his words, there were so much I wanted to say, I wanted to yell at but my tongue just felt more heavier. I felt my wolf send me fluttering sign as she too nestled back her energy.

"It's alright, Uncle Pedro. I don't blame you"

He smiled weakly at my attempt to cheer him up.

"I must thank you, my dear pequeño" (little one)

My brows rose in confusion.

"For what?"

"For caring for your aunt and I even though we don't deserve it, for helping us resolve our issues"

I didn't know what to say mostly because I didn't know I did all those.

"I never knew Alfredo and Maya would snoop so low to harm us out of spite. I trusted him, I thought he had my back in helping me run the pack even when we both knew I wasn't ready for it. My sister had always been then she left and I was forced to take the responsibility. Then he had to stab me in the back out of greed because he believed he was more worthy of being Alpha, que viscosa dos caras" (how slimy two faces)

There was a burning anger in him that I didn't want there, I wanted so much to console my uncle but I didn't know how, so instead we spoke out our feeling, caught up on what we had missed in our lives. It was a moment that I kept dearly in my heart.