Igtuh and Yama

What makes a lion? A pride leader to be exact: Confidence, communication skills, passion, loyalty, love to his subordinates, and of course a by god gorgeous main! But as all beings, they have a secret too.

As routine, a pride leader named Igtuh did his head count to keep track on his pride's status.

"Finished, then I should go roam the borders... And, eat and pack, and-okay. Go!"

Yes, he likes to talk to himself a lot and doesn't even notice that he's as if talking to an entirely different person.

He walked around the territory and so far, no issues were present. This relieved Igtuh for the meantime, yet what he also doesn't know is there's company.

He heard a faint rustling of leaves 5:30 of him, and as tactic he didn't shifted from walking casually to stiff, he just continued whilst looking around like nothing's bothering him.

Now Igtuh is a bit concerned on how the animal following him has such dull and heavy strides.

"What's wrong with this dude? He seems... familiar." He asked himself.

He didn't wait for something to happen and turned around to see another lion of his age, his partner to be exact, standing idly.

"I don't want to fight. Really- "the other lion started.

"YAMA?!!" Igtuh came in for a hug. "OH, I'VE MISSED YOU SO SO MUCH."

Igtuh hugged Yama for a moment.

"H-how how have you been? Er, why do you look like the aftermath of a bloodbath or something. What happened?"

"Hunters killed them. Like, everybody. Even Jaji."

"What? Who?" he asked.

He replied with "They killed them, all of my family, a few hours ago. It sucks." Yama then looked down.

"SUCKS? Wh-what, what happened? What do you mean sucks, what do- hey you're capping right now?"

"No, I just killed a few to relieve stress and ate most of them and the rest I left for the hyenas... And, yeah! My family got killed by hunters. "Igtuh looked eastward and signaled him to head in Igtuh's direction. "The hunters that I have been suspicious of were the culprits... I thought, I thought that they were like tribe people and foreigners who wanna visit us. We live up north so we tend to see people."

His tone made Igtuh mirror him from his stance to his husky voice.

"You're going to regret bringing him to the pride Igtuh, yes you will." He said to himself.

Yama sighed and continued "It's just that, that, that I can't understand why I excel at things I won't use EVER in my life, yet I manage to fail miserably at vital things in my world! What I mean is what am I even doing, what am I, why did I even called myself as a 'leader' even though I left mine behind cowardly and now, I am here needy of comfort and attention and everything like I'm a crying baby that just wants to get their back scratched but their parent fed them MILK!" Yama blurted at once.

"S-sorry, what? Oh, I am sorry for laughing. SO sorry."

"Yeah, that was a joke so, good thing you laughed. Better to stay positive than to mourn all day, right?"

They looked at each other; eyes glistening and mouths trembling, both summing up what to say and moments passed Igtuh offered a hug again.

"I don't, I can't imagine how you must feel right now hunn. But I do know how we love our families and, and how it feels to see them get wounded. What more if th-they get killed, right?"