《23》

He suddenly snapped back into the present

He suddenly snapped back into the present. Eros frowned when his eyes meet Mika's concerned ones, instead of his mother's blue ones; like Hailey's. He searched for the picture frame and only got a glimpse of it before Mika completely hid it behind his back. He was crouched beside him, his eyes holding concern and panic within their stormy depths. 

Mika looked away first, putting the frame in a drawer and locking it. He turned back to Eros as he put the key in his pocket.

"Listen, son. What happened was never your fault." He began, and Eros looked away that time, his jaw pulsing.

"Why did you come back?" He asked, diverting the topic.

Mika sighed and rose to his feet, his own jaw locking in displeasure, "I came back to do that." Was his answer, and Eros said nothing more.

"Talking about it would make you feel better, you know."

"I told you."

Mika nodded, "That you did." he paused, pulling his tie tighter around his collar, "—and did you feel better?"

Eros didn't answer. He didn't have to, because both of them knew the answer.

"What was it you wanted to talk about?" Mika asked again, suddenly not feeling like leaving his side.

"It can wait."

Mika sighed and dropped his hands from his collar.

"Eros, I hope you know that everything that concerns you, concerns me as well." He said, needing to, in case Eros didn't want to tell him because he could see that he had something else to deal with.

"I know." Was his answer, letting out a short sigh.

"I was only going to ask for an extra reserved space on Remembrance Day."

Mika frowned, "Oh." He said, before his eyes widened, and a proud grinned wound it's way across his lips, "Oh." He repeated, his tone begging for details.

Eros couldn't help the small smile that slipped from his lips. He looked away with a scoff, not giving him any.

"You have a date?" Mika probed, grinning from ear to ear, his eyes shinning with pride and love.

Eros' smile widened slightly, and he looked back at him, "Go, Quinn waits for you." he cleverly dismissed.

Mika chuckled, shaking his head. He complied, however, not wanting to keep her waiting any longer. She might decide to run away instead. He walked towards the door,

"I expect details when I get back." Mika said, narrowing his eyes at Eros from over his shoulder, before he left.

He leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms over his chest, his smile slowly fading as a certain brown eyed woman crossed his mind out of nowhere. He was planning on inviting Ashley to the festival, if she would left him, as a way of apologizing for what happened between them. He planned on telling her everything she needed to know on that day, but before everything else, he wanted to try and earn her trust back. She needed to know the truth after all, because she was involved almost as much as he.