Prologue

The moon slowly rose over the dark Narnian sky. It's glow cast shadows over the magnificent land. Stars danced and twirled beside the moon whose light illuminated the fresh fallen snow that sparkled as brightly as the sun itself. All were asleep in the village below the great castle of Cair Paravel. No creature stirred. All were asleep in the castle, except for one.

The High Queen stood on her balcony gazing at the beautiful show occurring in the sky. 

The world was quiet and she liked it. 

The world was peaceful and she liked it.

To her, it felt as if no one really appreciated the gorgeous winter nights that came and went with the seasons, but she enjoyed it. 

A shadow crossed the sky. The shadow moved swiftly and silently across the dark sky and landed on the balcony and let out a soft whinny. Lauren turned to see her best friend, Astra. The alicorn folded his wings and nuzzled Lauren's shoulder.

"It's good to see you too!" Lauren said giggling at Astra's sudden appearance to her. It took her a minute to notice, but the white alicorn was not nuzzling her, but rather, warning her.

"Lauren!" it said.

Lauren was taken aback. Astra had never spoken before! The only way she had ever communicated to him was by talking telepathically. "Did you just talk?" She asked, surprised.

"Yes, I just figured out how to, but that is irrelevant right now!" Astra shook his mane. "Cair Paravel is going to be attacked!"