Chapter One-

Will's POV-

I'm in math class, the last class of the day. I have no idea what the teacher's talking about because I'm too busy staring at Mike Wheeler. My best friend. I've had a crush on Mike since I knew what being queer was. I'd never let anyone know though. If anyone knew... It would become... one living hell.

I mean, I feel like, I'm in love with him. If he knew, that would ruin a relationship of almost 9 years. But I can never get his amazing brown eyes out of my mind. Or his full, pink lips. Or his lanky body structure. Or his-

The bell that signifies the end of the school day, rung. That caught my attention. I realized what I was thinking about and shook my head as if the thought was water in my ears. I grabbed all my stuff from my desk and headed to my locker. I kept my head down and walked as fast as I could. When I made it to my locker I packed up all my stuff. Jonathan was picking me up again. Mom has been super worried ever since the Mind Flayer came out of me. The Mind Flayer isn't in me anymore. But I feel like I can feel Him still. (Him- Mind Flayer) I was about to leave when Mike came up in front of me. Eleven behind him.

"Hey, Will. I was wondering if you're coming over to play D&D with Lucas and Dustin and me tomorrow?" I smiled a small bit, and it wasn't a fake smile. It was real. The first D&D marathon since El returned. El returned almost three months ago. I nodded wildly in return of the question.

"Sure."I said. I made eye contact with Mike, but looked away quickly. El tugged on Mike's arm.

"Mikey. Let's go. I wanna go back to my house." She said. Mike looked at her.

"Oh... ok then." Mike's head turned back to me. He looked almost... tired and annoyed. "I'll see you tomorrow then." He said in a flat voice. Mike then was dragged by Eleven across the hall and out of sight. I sighed and went to the front of the school.

When I got outside, I saw Jonathan's car right there. Someone else was in the car. It was Nancy Wheeler. Jonathan's partner. Partner as in 'job' partner. The other kind... Well I have no idea. I got in the car and buckled my seat. I placed my backpack next to me.

"Hey, buddy. How was school?" Jonathan asked me.

"It was fine." I looked out of the window. I suddenly remembered about the marathon. "Oh. Umm, Mike is holding a D&D marathon tomorrow. Can I go?" I asked.

"Of course. Mom or I will drop you off tomorrow. Do you know what time you wanna go?" Jonathan asked.

"Probably about.." I thought about it. "ten."

The rest of the ride was silent. At least, I was. Nancy and Jonathan were talking about some random things. I just zoned out.