II

I widen my eyes at the news, feigning shock.

"Sir, I implore there's no need for drastic measures, my crew intend to give you our full cooperation," I say retracting my hand from the handshake.

"Very well," he says to me. "Search each member and detain their weapons. Then tie them up for questioning."

Captain Everton looks at me expectantly. I raise my hands in a show of surrender and slowly reach for my gun. I pull it out if it's holster, dangling it from my thumb.

I hand the gun to the captain and reach for the other weapons I have on my person. When I am done removing my weapons, I return my hands to the position of surrender.

Two crew members from the opposite ship o pull my hands behind me and tie them behind my back. I am brought to the line with the rest of the crew, right next to Tucker.

"Well that went well," he says to me.

"Shut up, I have a plan,"

"You always have a plan," he says and I roll my eyes.

"Now that I have your attention," The captain of the marshal ship announces, "We may begin."

The door to my quarters is opened from the inside with two men, practically dragging the woman from the beach out of the room. I steal a glance at Tucker.

"She is so out of it she looks like a grog blossom," he says.

I slightly chuckle, I'm worried about her. She's obviously injured, but the goons can't see that.

"Oh, who is this?" The captain asks. She's held up by a man holding her arms behind her back. The captain and first mate turn towards the woman. She's struggling to keep her eyes open. I stare at them, trying to read their lips, but I'm at just the wrong angle to do so.

The woman never opens her mouth to speak. Her head is pulled to the side as the captain pulls her hair.

"Answer me, wench. Who are you?" Captain Everton demands. I can clearly see his opinion on women now. Probably him and the whole rest of his ship think the same.

The same cookie cutter definition of woman belonging as husband's property. I roll my eyes.

She never opens her mouth. She's brave. Or maybe just really scared. No, she holds her jaw high. She's defiant. He punches her and begins to walk away.

He opens his mouth and walks away. The first mate calls out, "She's a woman, why tie her up."

The captain nods and continues walking, but then stops dead in his tracks. He turns around with a wicked grin on his face.

"She's probably a prostitute. That's why she was in the captains quarters," he says, laughing.

"Isn't that right, missy," he asks her.

<< TW of sexual abuse; feel free to skip >>

She continues to hold her jaw up in an act of defiance. He reaches out and grabs one of her breasts forcefully. Her eyes ever so slightly widen, but he doesn't notice.

"You probably can't even talk. They cut out your tongue. After all, a silent woman is a good one to have in bed,"

She clenches her teeth together and he slides his filthy hands down her sides. He reaches her hips and slides his hands to her butt. He slaps it.

She's not brave enough to make a move on him. She's either incredibly smart and knows he will leave her alone and she can escape. Or she's fearful of him. She doesn't want to make a move. I watch her chest move with deep breaths, as if she's trying to control herself.

He just now noticed the jewel she had in her hand and takes it and tosses it to the first mate. As he's looking away the woman looks around. She makes eye contact with me. Her blue eyes shine with defiance. He reaches down for the hem of her dress and lifts it up slowly, looking at her expression. She keeps it blank.

He lifts the dress up to his satisfaction and reaches for her under the dress. I struggle against my bonds. This captain needs to go. The woman's breaths get faster. Her adrenaline is probably flowing, but for what reason.

He likes what he sees and picks her up to bring her to the quarters. What little respect. This man is going to rape this woman in my bed. She starts to struggle and he grabs her hair forcefully.

I feel every bone in my body want to beat this man to a pulp. He has no right.

The Woman's POV

I keep my chin up at the man as he grabs my chest. I stare at him. If he's going to do this he's going to know I don't want any part of it.

He slides his greasy hands down my sides to my hips. I want to punch him right here, right now.  He moves his hands behind me and grips by butt. He slaps it.

I hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears. I take deep breaths as I try to control myself. I feel my chest rise and fall with each breath.

He notices the jewel I have clutched in my left hand. He takes it from me an tosses it to some other man. While he's looking away I glance around at my surroundings for any chance I have of escape.

I make eye contact with a man he's tied up. He's incredibly handsome and he knows it. I look into his blue eyes. I hear the first man turn  back towards me and I look him in his eyes.

He reaches down and pulls my dress up slowly. He stops just far enough to not expose me to everyone else. He reaches his hand under the hem of my dress and grabs me.

<<If you skipped, feel free to read here>>

My breaths come quicker and I feel adrenaline coursing through my veins. He thinks that my breaths getting faster means I'm enjoying it, so he picks me up.

I struggle as he tries to bring me to a separate room. He pulls my hair and insults me to get me to stop struggling.

I do as I'm told and study the way he walks. There's a brief pause between steps. I wait for my moment and slam my hand into his groin.

He stumbles and let's go of me to back up with his hands over where I just kicked the living daylights out of him.

He insults me more and says he will come back to me when he's finished business with these men. I got just what I wanted. Freedom to run away.

<< Author's Note >>
If there's a part of a chapter that needs a trigger warning, I will try my best to tell you if you want to skip it. If you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment with any suggestions or reactions.
See you in the next chapter :)