V

<< The Woman's POV >>

I groan as I open my eyes. Sunlight peers through the window. Wait, window? Where am I?

I close my eyes and can't bring myself to open them again. Okay, deep breaths.

I inhale and exhale slowly. I smell the scent of pine and ocean air.

I take another deep breath. I feel the rocking of the room. I must be on a boat. I listen to the sounds around me. There's men outside, chatting away.

I slowly open my eyes and look around. I'm laying in a bed. To my left there's a wood door. I look towards the window, there's a desk in front of it. Papers are messily thrown across it and there's half burnt candles.

I close my eyes. I need to remember what happened. Flashes of memory come back to me, but I can't help but feel like I'm forgetting something.

There's a man, he tries to touch me. There's more men. A battle of some sort. I got stabbed!

My head pounds with my heartbeat. I look down. I'm wearing pants and a white button down shirt. Someone took care to roll my sleeves as if to make them short enough for my arms.

I look around and notice my bloody dress in the corner hanging up. I swallow a lump in my throat. Just who's ship am I in?

After a while, the door is opened. The man who opened it looks surprised to see me. I flinch and back up to the wall. He closes the door and walks away.

I get off the bed and curl up in the corner, shaking. Pretty soon, I hear footsteps outside the door. They stop in front of it and I shake harder. This can't be good.

The door slightly opens and a different man peers in. He looks around for me, recognition filling his eyes when he sees me.

Those eyes. They're crystal blue. I've seen them before. A flash of him winking at me fills my mind.

I blink away the memory and notice he's a whole lot closer to me.

I look at his shoes, classic boots, nothing special about them. I slowly look upwards at him. He has a defined chest and shoulders.

My gaze reaches his eyes and he's just staring back at me. I look back down again.

"You're shaking," the man comments. His voice is deep and stern, yet he's made it gentle towards me.

I don't dare look him in the eyes. Movement catches my eyes and I look up to see him grab a blanked from the bed.

"Can I put this around you?" He asks.

I don't answer. He takes a step closer to me and I try to get as close to the wall as I can. As far away from him as I can.

"I'm not here to hurt you," he says gently. I look down at his shoes as he takes a step closer. He's extremely close to me now.

He reaches around me and I close my eyes, expecting to be hit. He gently wraps the blanket around me and slowly backs up.

He sits down about 3 feet from me. I don't look up.