IV

<< Kingston's POV >>

I watch the woman's motionless body lay on my bed. A slight frown decorates her face.

"Sir, we have to move on with the operation. We already took the knife out," the medic says to me.

"Turn around, both of you," I say.

"Sir?" Tucker asks.

"I'm changing her into clothes, she shall not be seen by more than one man if I can help it," I say.

I turn around to my dresser and grab some pants and a white button down shirt.

"I'm sorry about this," I whisper to the woman.

I lift her dress up enough for me to still not be able to see anything. I lift her by the hips and pull the pair of pants up.

I pull the dress over her head and lift her up by the shoulder blades to put the shirt on her. I button up the shirt and push it up just far enough for the medic to stitch her up.

"Okay," I say quietly. I feel Tucker look at me, but I don't look away from the woman.

Tucker walks over to me and grabs my arm to pull me out of the room. I struggle against him.

"Hey, the medic needs room to work," he says gently.

I let him lead me out of the room. I clench my jaw, bracing myself for the questions I'm about to be asked.

"Do you want to go somewhere quiet?" He asks.

I don't look up, "How far away from a port are we?"

"Not far, islands without cities are closer," he replies.

"Closest one," I say and walk away. I sit on a barrel near the stern of the ship. The waves always help me think. They're almost mesmerizing.

Thoughts don't run through my head like they usually do. It's just silent. All I feel is an intense guilt threatening to overrun me. It's toxic tentacles wrap around me and I find myself struggling to breathe.

I sit and watch the water as we slow and eventually stop right next to an island.

"Kingston," Tucker says gently. I blink back the tears threatening to fall. I never cry, I have to be strong for my crew. What would they think if their fearless leader wasn't so brave and fearless after all.

I nod and get up to follow Tucker down the gangplank and we find a shady area under some trees. I sit down against one and Tucker sits against the other.

"You want to talk about it?" He asks.

Tucker has always known what's best for me, even though I haven't known. I'm so lucky to have a best friend like him.

I clench my jaw. Unsure of what to say. I look to the left towards the ocean.

"It's my fault," I say quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"It's my fault she might die. It's my fault she's stuck with us now. Hell, it's even my fault she was almost raped," I say, getting worked up.