Chapter 2

Halime's POV

    "It was a good decision to come here in these dark times." said the man at the caravansary.            "Aywalllah."  replied Halime. After ten long years of teaching children near the Karachasir Castle, she was bored stiff and wanted to  do something more interesting. She moved to Sogut. She had a vague recollection of fighting with bows and arrows. She went on rides in the woods, and sold hides. Sometimes she would finds something interesting and she would track it for a day or two then she would come back to the caravansary and payed with whatever money she had gained. It was a simple life, but full of excitement. She yawned, She should've gone to bed by now, She walked to her room and slept.

Ilibilge's POV

      Ilibilge Hatun, sat on a log in front of a fire staring into its depths, It was late night, They had interrogated three tribes now, all were proven innocent, there was only two tribes left. She hoped they would reach a caravansary soon, she was tired of the woods. Finally Ertugrul came, he had some fruits in his hands. "No meat?" she asked.                                                                                      "There was no prey nearby, I think there is a wolf pack in the forest." He replied. Ilibilge nodded.   "Are we near a caravansary?" she asked after finishing.                                                                                      "I think we are very near one, We will ride a few miles tomorrow, there should be a caravansary there." he replied.                                                                                                                                                           "Aywallah." she replied. She went to bed

Halime's POV 

In the morning after she woke and prayed Fajr, She glanced in the mirror and was hit with a memory out of the blue,

She stumbled back to reality. She stared at the mirror. Who was that!. Who was Kara Toyger? Who was Ertugrul? She was sure she had heard the name somewhere.. she desperately wanted to understand.. but she couldn't. She stomped in frustration. She took a deep breath, she ought to go for a ride, it would help clear her head. She hopped on a horse and went deep into the forest.  She galloped for who knows how long, she became worried that she was too far in, but she kept galloping.

Ertugruls POV

     Ertugrul was siting near the fire, thinking about lots of things, but one thing in particular, Who was doing this? The Oghuz tribes they had interrogated had no way of being there. If there was no suspect by the time they were done, they would be back to square one. He heard the clopping of hooves coming from the forest. He stood and put a hand on his sword. "Ilibilge Hatun." he called. She came out of the tent.                                                                                                              "What happened?" she asked sleepily.   He motioned towards the sound. She became alert and grabbed her sword. There was a man in the distance, there were more, they were surrounding them, about twenty, the figures drew bows, they attacked from all sides they jumped of thier horses and drew swords, They surrounded them. "Kim san."                                                                            "Bringers of your doom Ertugrul Bey." the man replied.   They attacked,  Ertugrul, slashed with his sword, Ilibilge swerved and stabbed every which way. But then an arrow wizzed past Ertugrul's head, she turned her attention to the arrows. The man behind her grabbed her and put a knife to her throat.                                                                                                                                                    "Yeter Ertugrul Bey, or I will cut her throat." Ertugrul froze. "Drop your sword."  Ertugrul threw his sword  at his feet. "Good." The men around him put a cloth on his mouth.   He struggled. He smelled an intoxicating aroma enter his nose. His eyelids started to feel heavy. His eyes closed and the last thing he saw was Ilibilge Hatun falling unconscious to the ground.