Chapter 3

Halimes POV

     As the guard walked me to the cell I felt memories overwhelm me, I remembered my horrible life of running away until one day Ertugrul saved me. I remembered my marriage. My fathers betrayal. Leaving the tribe. Yigit's death. And finally lying there unable to move or speak. Watching Ertugrul and Hayme Ana sob for me as Artuk bey looked for my pulse, while Osman was crying and Gunduz was struggling against his grandmother trying to get to me, how I wanted to scream at them that I was still here. But I couldn't ,then for a moment everything blacked out. When I woke again Almila Hatun grinned at me wickedly, she was wrapping a dead Mongol's body in my shroud. She dragged me to the forest and knocked me out. She never came back. Oh my Gunduz who was just a young boy! My Savci who had not even grown out of infancy yet! And my Osman! Oh my Osman! My newborn! How could he have survived without his mothers milk? I prayed to god that someone had fed him. Someone anyone. She could not bear the thought of her sweet baby dying. How had her children grown without her? How could Hayme Ana take care of three children at her age? Even with Erturgul's help the task seemed impossible. She remembered the woman Ertugrul had been captured with. His new wife. She expected to feel hatred and jealousy towards her, but I felt grateful, at least my children had a mother figure in their life.  The guard stopped abruptly. Halime stumbled. There was Ertugruls new wife there. What was she doing here? This wasn't a very good escape plan. "Who is this?" she asked.  "You don't recognize a Hatun of your own tribe?" the guard asked in confusion.         "If I did I would not have asked." She replied. Halime stared at the woman confused. Why would she do something like this? "Who are you."  the woman asked. Halime continued to stare at her.   "Ilibilge Hatun, Would you like to question her?" the guard asked. Ilibilge Hatun nodded. She grabbed my arm and took me in the opposite direction of the cells No! No!  she wanted to shout. Not that way!  She dragged me to a dark room.                                                                                                        "Who do you think you are?" she spat at me coldly.                                                                                              "How could you betray our tribe? Our religion? And our tradition?" Halime asked her in shock. He rolled her eyes. "They offered two options for us, we stay chained up and they will steal as much gold as possible from our tribe, then they will kill everyone there. Then will disappear without a trace, the other option was, I and/or Ertugrul work for them, they leave our tribe alone and continue operating in secret." She told Halime angrily, "Now I ask again, Kim san?"  "Someone who came here to save two but will leave here with one.", Ilibilge lost it, She punched Halime in the face. Blood tricked from Halimes mouth, Fury pumped through Halimes heart, in a moments time she put Ilibilge Hatun in a headlock. Ilibilge Hatun struggled.                                  "How dare you?" Ilibilge choked out. Halime tightened her grip. She could feel Ilibilge panic, as she struggled and gasped for breath. The door swung open suddenly and the old mans son came in. He wrestled Ilibilge out of Halimes grip. Ilibilge stumbled back, clutching her throat. "Guards!" he shouted. "Bring some chains!"                                                                                                         "Sawlus Yagiz Alp." Ilibilge said. He looked at her with concern. "You should go to the healing tent and put some ointment on your neck." Ilibilge nodded and left. A guard entered with some chains. Minutes later Halime was chained to the wall and all alone. 

Ertugruls POV

     Halime sat in a cell that looked like his own, she was upset. He moved towards her wanting to comfort her but she couldn't see him he couldn't touch her. She looked at him. Ilibilge Hatun entered the room and smiled wickedly. She snapped her fingers and Halime disappeared. He looked at her in horror. She smiled and walked out of the room leaving the room empty with only Ertugrul inside. He shouted. Halime! Halime! he suddenly woke up. Sweat beaded his forehead. He heard footsteps coming to the cell. Ilibilge Hatun enetred the cell. "How dare you come here hyeen." he spat at her. She looked hurt.                                                                                                "I was only doing what was best for the tribe.. this way no one gets hurt." she told him.            "Have you lost your mind? Even if I believed he would leave the tribe alone how could you agree to hurt so many innocents?"                                                                                                                                        "It doesn't matter. As long as the tribe is safe." she replied. "I've come here, to tell you that if you accept the deal your life would be much better, She brought out a pouch. "In a days time I've gotten 45 gold coins." Ertugrul looked at her with disgust.                                                                                   "If someone offered me a million gold coins for hurting the innocent, or death, I would choose death." She looked irritated and turned to leave she stopped. "There is a hatun who attached here, she said she came to save us."                                                                                                                  "What happened to her?" Erturgul asked curiously                                                                                                  "She is in a cell here." then turned to leave.