Love Attached - Chapter 3: Say It Back?

Say it back? Say what back? What is he talking about? Did you miss something important? You rack your brain trying to think of something that he could've said that you would need to say back. You can't come up with anything so you stand there with a confused look in your face which makes it worse on him. He's still crying, looking at you like you did something wrong. You finally give in and ask what it is that he's so upset about. "What am I so upset about?! What do you think? I just told you something I've never told anyone before and you didn't do anything about it! How would you act if you told someone you loved them and they just hung up on you?!" You stand in the snow in shock. He just told you he loved you and you hung up on him.
"So that's what you said that I could barely understand" you say under your breath. He looks at you puzzled. "I heard you say something but I couldn't make out what it was. I was already about to hang up when you said it... I'm so sorry.. Trust me. If I would've heard it I would've told you immediately that I love you too. Actually... When I left I said it to you.. But you were asleep which is why I said it. I thought if there was any love attached you would've left in a split second..." He kisses you on the forehead and sighs in relief. "I thought you hated me or something... I was scared I did something wrong.." He starts crying again. You hug him tightly. "You didn't do anything wrong. It was all right. All perfect." As you walk hand in hand you think of your future with him. All of the possibilities you have with him. You were still shocked that he said he loved you. You never would've thought that Nash, of all people, would be the one to love you back.