Chapter 1 : An unexpected meeting

UNEDITED

The breeze pushed past the trees and onto the girl's face, making her black hair sway away. It was her first day in this school and she was already late. She blamed it all on her older brother Hachi, who had messed with her alarm clock. He had already left for work when she woke up, much to her dismay.

Just wait until I get home, she thought of her revenge.

It was always that way between the two siblings. They would fight, pull pranks on each other, and care for each other all the same. It had been that way since their parents passed away, leaving the two as heirs to their family fortune. Their family was well known noy only in the world of sorcery, but also in the normal world.

The short girl huffed angrily and glared at the school gate. It was closed. She was a new transfer student, and she was late.

"Fuck this," she said, climbing up the wall and jumping down to the other side.

What she didn't calculate was that there was a guy who was sleeping soundly in the grass, who she fell on top of in her bewilderment.

The guy beneath her groaned, and his eyes fluttered open. Her heartbeat quickened as she stared at the most mesmerising pair of blue eyes she had ever seen. They were bright and reminded her of the ocean in summer, and they held a softness which reminded her of the blue sky with little clouds as birds soared over them. The light blue shone through the dark on the edges,  as rays of sunlight through the dark ocean.

His white hair swayed and he smirked, all the while the girl on top of him was frozen in place.

"Did you fall from the sky?"

"No," she managed to get the syllable out. She thought that was a wierd question to ask.

"I didn't think a girl would literally jump on me."

It was only then that the position they were in registered in her mind. She was on top of him, her clothes disheveled from the jump and he was beneath her.

Her face flushed a colour Satoru thought he'd only see in strawberries on his shortcake.

"I didn't think there would be anyone here. Sorry," she mumbled, getting off him in a hurry.

"Hm.. are you? Who are you by the way?" He got up, brushing the dust and grass off his clothes.

Fortunately for her, she didn't have to answer as a man who appeared to be a teacher walked in.

He appeared to be in his mid 30s, with a square face, his buzz cut being the first thing Seina took note of.

"You must be Ichimiya Seina." The said girl nodded. "Follow me. And Satoru, stop sleeping here."

"Yes, yes," the guy said, and it was clear he had no intention of following what the teacher said.

The teacher started walking and Seina followed, casting one last glance at the guy she fell on top of, wondering if she should apologize. The guy walked away, yawning and she rushed away too, having trouble keeping up with her short legs more than she'd like to admit.

They had been walking for a while when they suddenly stopped infront of a room. The teacher opened it and motioned her to follow him inside. When they stepped in, she could hardly contain her excitement.

"Oh my god that's so cute. Aww you're so adorable," she gushed at a panda stuffed bear. Then suddenly remembering where she was, she flushed. "I mean, fuck you, bear." She said in an attempt to erase what happened.

"So you like the bear."

"Not at all," she shook her head.

"I'm Masamichi Yaga. A teacher here. Normally the principal would be giving you an entrance exam, but he's away so I'll be in charge of your exam."