<<Victor x Helena>> A Pawsome Christmas

In the cold, crisp weather of the winter, all Helena needed right then, right there was a warm hug. She walked alone in the streets of the town with a thousand of Christmas lights. Christmas songs sung by the cheerful children's choir was heard throughout the town, accompanied by the chatters of relaxed adults and delighted screams from playing children. As unfortunate as it is, Helena has a visual impairment, restraining her from seeing the joyous decorative lights or food on picnic table. She sighed, tapping her walking stick on the ground, trying to find a nearby bench she could rest on.

Tap, tap

Huh? Someone behind her was tapping her shoulder? Who could that be? She was beginning to feel scared and clutched her cane tightly. But the fear that made her heart throb quickly subsided as soon as she heard the gleeful giggle accompanied with the delightful barks of a dog. With a sigh of relief, she turned around to face the young man.

"Victor, you could've scared the cheese out of me!" complained Helena jokingly, elbowing her friend. The both of them giggled together

"Aw, c'mon it was just a few taps on the shoulder, plus, it's me! And dear Wick, of course!" explained Victor, chuckling. His dog joined in the laughter by barking happily.

"What if it's someone else, Victor? I could be in danger!" Helena continued, pretending to be angry.

"Then I will protect you!" Victor said and threw his arms around her as she got more and more flustered by what he said.

They hugged each other tightly, with Wick barking again, this time in synch with another... puppy? Victor pulled away from the hug and bent down, and picked up a little animal from a basket with warm blankets to keep it warm and cosy. It squeaked and yawned in his arms. Victor gave it to Helena, smiling at her.

"Hold it gently, Helena," said Victor softly as he smiled lovingly at her, and kissed her forehead.

Helena blushed at the sudden kiss on her forehead, and gently took the puppy in her arms, then cradled it like it was her baby. The little puppy sneezed a little, and Helena immediately wrapped her scarf around the little puppy. She giggled and stroked its fluffy coat.

"It's a service dog, Helena. She'll accompany you, keeping you safe from today onwards," Victor said as he picked up his dog, Wick. Wick immediately licked the puppy in Helena's arms. (They were standing very, very close.)

"Thank you Victor, thank you so much. This is the best gift ever! I'm naming her Victoria," exclaimed an overjoyed Helena. Then she looked into Victor's eyes. Though she could never see him, she felt so blessed just by being close to this kind young man. "Victoria, after you."

Victor blushed harder. He was really glad that she loved her new pawtner.

"Merry Christmas, Helena,"

"Merry Christmas, Victor,"

The two young adults inched closer to each other, holding their now sleeping pets in their arms, and had their first kiss under the mistletoe.