Epilogue

Hermes was sent to earth for a simple mission--Zeus wanted him to leave the gates of heaven, pass through Earth, and deliver a message to Hades after the descent into hell. But something had distracted him along the way: a young college student. Now, Hermes was stuck in the world of mortals and days behind the timeline all because a simple someone had caught his attention.  

But she was beautiful, and the moment he'd had laid eyes on her, Hermes had mistaken her for a celestial being trapped on Earth. But soon realized, as he followed her from the lecture halls to her dorm, from the late parties into someone else's bed, that she was more devil than angel--always tormenting him from a distance. Hermes was fixated by lust and nearly positive that she didn't know of his existence, despite being a god.

 But, one fateful evening, he'd decided to stop torturing himself. So here Hermes is now, knocking on her room door while he'd watched them come inside a moment earlier.

"Coming," Hermes hears a soft call from inside before the door flies open. She looks up at him with confusion and awe, likely because of the slight gleam around his head, the halo he'd tried to dim. But, somehow, seconds later, her eyes flash with recognition and a devilish smile ignites her face. "So it's been Hermes following me all along," she pulls Hermes straight into the room and locks the door behind him, "I've been waiting for you to approach me."