Fifteen

Austin sat there with Natalie, her head against him. He had already finished his solo cup and she seemed to be back asleep. He stroked her hair, keeping it from her eyes as it slowly fell from being tucked behind her ear. 

"I don't want to drink this." She murmured. "I don't like beer."

Austin smiled, taking the cup from her and dumping it on the ground next to them. "Yeah, I don't like it much either. It leaves a funny taste in your mouth. But, Alex herd of a party and I thought 'Yeah, that'll be fun' but, I'd much rather spend my nights with you."

Natalie sighed and sat up, taking Austin's hand from her hair and resting it on his own lap. "I just am tired. I don't really want to be here."

"A lot of the girls here don't. Like Angella on the stairs there. She's here with one of the senior guys this year. Guys your age, I mean. And she hates being here in Texas. She's got it all over Facebook that she wants to go back to Florida, but she's pretty much on exile from her mom."

"Wow," Natalie said slowly. "You know a lot."

Austin shrugged. "Yeah, well, I am practically famous, baby. Besides, I knew her last year, too. She visited Frankie last spring before we graduated and she added me on Facebook. I don't know."

"Don't know, huh?" Natalie smiled. "Come on, let's go inside. Try to find Alycin and Alex. I doubt they're having any fun, anyway."

--

Alex bolted up the stairs behind the boy who had run up to him. Starts with a T. Timmy? Tommy? Oh, God, I hope she is okay.... He followed the kid into a bedroom where Alycin sat on a bed, looking around almost bleary-eyed.

"Oh, there you are!" She giggled. "Thanks, Tyler. I apprecimatate it." 

"Appreciate?" He asked.

She nodded and giggled. "Go, now. I wanna talk to Alex."

Alex slowly stepped farther into the room. "Alycin, how much have you had to drink?"

"Not much. Maybe a cup or so." She wasn't giggly anymore, and he was convinced that it had been a ruse to get Tyler to get Alex upstairs and leave the two alone.

"What's going on?"

"I'm bored. I hate these kinds of parties." Alycin stood and started jumping on the queen-sized bed and Alex glanced around the room. There was a dresser with a tv on it in the corner and a rug under the bed. Other than that, there was nothing but a solitary window and peeling gray paint.

"What would you like to do? If you don't want to drink, we could mingle. But I don't know a lot of people. We could leave. But that might piss off Austin." Alex shrugged. "I don't know."

"We could...." Alycin dropped, folding her legs under her on the bed again. "Make out. Or...."

He smirked. "No, I don't think so."

She rolled her eyes. "Then, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I just don't want to rush things. I want this to be different from last time."

Alycin sighed and flopped backwards on the bed. "Understood."

--

The house lights were all still off except the porch light. The night was still and the four teens walked up to the house from the car slowly. Austin had Natalie on his back, carrying her up to the house. Alycin followed behind Alex, her hand in his.

Austin opened the door as quietly as possible and hurried the other two inside.

Click. Light illuminated the living room.