- chapter 9 • beach -

As Akaashi got closer to the gym he heard the shoes screeching against the hard wood floors. Akaashi grabbed the handle and poked his head in. As he expected he was in there.

He walked in and stood at the entrance for a while. He was just watching the two people play for a bit.

He decided to walk a bit forwards so they could see him. He shuffled stiffly forwards to sit on the bleachers. He sat down and watched them play.

It was like time stopped, he watched him slowly fall after spiking the ball. The sweat falling off his perfect skin, his eyes sparkling from excitement.

What was this feeling?

Akaashi couldn't keep his eyes off him. They were glued to him like a fly trap. Finally after staring at him for minutes the boy turned around and saw him.

Akaashi waved slightly and smiled. He gasped and yelled,

"Akaashi!" He screamed and ran over towards him.

"Hi Bokuto-san.." Akaashi said as he stood up from the bleachers.

Next thing he knew, he was in Bokuto's grasp. It was like a big bear hug that crushed him. It hurt so bad, pushing on the bruises. Akaashi whimpered from the pain.

Bokuto pulled back and looked at the boy, "You okay Kaashi? Did that hurt?"

Akaashi looked at him in the eyes, "I- uh.. I'm okay! Promise.." He smiled.

"Are you sure..?" He said as sweat rolled down his forehead.

"Mhm." Akaashi mumbled. Bokuto looked at him as his hands still clutched Akaashi's shoulders.

"Can you take your hands off.. it kinda hurts." Akaashi mumbled.

Bokuto quickly peeled his hands off him in a panic. "I'm so sorry!" Bokuto slightly screamed.

"It's fine. Your overreacting." Akaashi smiled.

Bokuto slapped the back of his neck and rubbed it. They both smiled.

"Hey Bokuto! Are we done or what?" A voice shouted from behind them. The two boys looked at the voice, he was average height and blonde hair.

Bokuto hesitated, "Uh.. yea! Thanks Terushima..!" He wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"Yep, no problems Bokuto." Terushima waved as he stuck out his tongue. We walked away into the locker rooms.

Bokuto spun back around and faced Akaashi.

"Wanna hand out today?" He questioned with a serious tone in his voice.

Akaashi hesitated, what would happen when he got home late?

"Sure..!" Akaashi smiled.

"Yes!" Bokuto exclaimed while he pumped his fist into the air. Akaashi slightly giggled from the reaction of the owl haired boy.

Bokuto slapped the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Well.. let me get out of these sweaty clothes.." He pointed towards the locker rooms.

"Sure.." He leaned onto the seating below him.

Bokuto waved and started to jog over to the doors. He grasped the handle looked back and waved at the boy. Akaashi gladly waved back.

Akaashi sat there with one leg over the other. His head was throbbing, when was the last time I ate again? He questioned himself.

Akaashi slightly rubbed his temples to sooth the throbbing. A buzz came from his hoodie pocket. He pulled out his phone. It was from his boyfriend.